Vert Build. Can never have too many! - Page 8 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Vert Build. Can never have too many!
Sunday, February 23, 2014 9:28 PM
Not at all, I think this car will end up as more or less a weekend driver/ track car. The most water it will see will probably be from a hose.

I've been trying to think of a way to have a roll bar or cage in the car, have a usable back seat and keep it NHRA legal for where I would like the car to be. I'm thinking I'm going to have to make it a two seater.

Monday, February 24, 2014 6:27 PM
awesome progress, I haven't snooped around your thread in a while.

Monday, February 24, 2014 7:09 PM
Thanks! Prior to these updates, there hasn't been much to see in here for a while. Looking at the weather, it doesn't look like I will get back to it for a while yet. Might be warm enough by the middle of next week, it's supposed to break into the 20's!

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 7:45 PM
Decided to get into the garage tonight and get some work done, may have been a bit too cold yet, but oh well.

I got the exhaust tunnel pushed back just enough and started to weld it up. I hate welding upside down, I can never seem to get welds that I'm happy with, but they get the job done.

I also picked this up over the weekend, I will work on that later.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 9:16 PM
I started patching the hole on the inside

but then got a little distracted. It's a little hard to tell from the pictures, but its the 03+ sunfire sides

finished tacking in the patches on the inside.

I managed to get both new bumpers for the cavalier, anyone interested in an 02 LSS rear bumper with lip?

Thursday, April 17, 2014 10:50 AM
Updates?

Friday, April 18, 2014 7:35 PM
Got the exhaust tunnel welded up

and started grinding it smooth.

I will try to get some better pictures later, but I was in a bit of a rush there.

I've done more work on the cav as of late, replaced the broken side skirts on it with the ones from the sunfire, replaced the stretched shifter cables, replaced the fill cap that only fit because it was wrapped in electrical tape, installed a ralco shifter (which I am not the most fond of), new bumpers that need paint and install, and not pictured, I picked up a like new 03+ LSS subframe, sway bar, and new steering rack that I need to install yet.

My garage is becoming so filled with car parts that it is getting hard to work on the car

After I'm done with the exhaust tunnel, I will probably start reassembling my dash and finish my electrical work (I'm wanting to be able to turn the motor over), then work on finishing up the coilovers.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 7:28 AM

I got my rear view mirror mounted and wired

sweet build man, what car did this mirror come out of? and what functions do you have?
Wednesday, April 30, 2014 6:36 PM
I pulled that mirror out of a Buick, but I rewired everything to work on a mirror from a 2000's GM truck with compass and temperature, just need to find the mirror now.

Some (slightly) better pictures of the exhaust tunnel, not perfect, but good enough for a spot that will never be seen.

I haven't been working on the fire much as of late, I've been working on getting rid of parts cars and getting a truck.

Thursday, May 01, 2014 2:56 PM
Lookin good man

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, July 31, 2014 8:21 PM
I don't feel like photo-whoring at the moment, but here is a peek at what I've been up to lately

Thursday, July 31, 2014 8:49 PM
I SEE STUFF AND THINGS!!!!!!!!

Friday, August 01, 2014 3:29 AM
Nice to see your still around.

Is the green droptop still alive?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Saturday, August 02, 2014 8:10 PM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:Nice to see your still around.

Is the green droptop still alive?

Yup, still have it, still my dd. After I get the fire back together a little more, I will be bringing the cav into the garage to partially repaint it, the paint is starting to flake off in spots rather badly and I have two bumpers sitting around taking up space.

What I was getting at with the pictures were the coilovers, I bought the set MRThompson was building and since I had the front all torn apart, I decided to make the lower mounts and fit them in the car. So far I'm happy with the fitment, but I will have to wait until I have the car back on the ground.

When I get some time, I will do a full update

Sunday, August 17, 2014 4:32 PM
Finally got some free time

Finished my firewall

The header still fits tight against the firewall, but I think it will be fine if I modify my rear engine mount so the back of the engine sits lower

Sandblasted and painted my subframe

Made up the front coilovers I got from MRThompson, I need new struts though

Sunday, August 17, 2014 7:50 PM
Glad to see that you're still trucking along. It's always nice to see the projects I like when I pop back onto the org.

Monday, August 18, 2014 6:42 PM
Brian wrote:Glad to see that you're still trucking along. It's always nice to see the projects I like when I pop back onto the org.

There's a name I haven't seen in a while! I'm glad I can make your favorites list.

I haven't really done anything with the cars lately. My truck has been consuming most of my free time and money.

The cav blew a brake line the other night, that made for a fun drive home. No other damage, but the car has sat since then; until I get time to pull the line out and make a new one.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 3:32 PM
I didn't know you got his subi strut project. glad to see someone keep it going.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 3:55 PM
Does anyone have a rust free cav shell?

Thursday, August 28, 2014 3:30 AM
Last I knew. The Marks brothers in Toledo, OH had a caged shell.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Friday, August 29, 2014 9:44 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:Last I knew. The Marks brothers in Toledo, OH had a caged shell.

Would be nice, but I need something more for a daily driver. The manta green vert is looking rather rough underneath, I'm not sure how much longer the car has. There are several parts of the unibody that are getting flakey. I put two new lines going to the back a couple nights ago, but I've had to drill out three bleed screws and still need a new caliper.

At least I managed to pull the ABS out.

Saturday, August 30, 2014 3:28 PM
Lookin good man

306 TQ
Sunday, August 31, 2014 9:41 AM
David Ingram wrote:Lookin good man

Thanks man

I got the Cavalier back on the road. My rear brakes were shot, so I swapped the 1" larger brakes from my 04' parts car on to it, a bit of an upgrade there. I also finally got yanked the ABS out, looks much better now

As to the rust I was talking about, these are just some of the spots I could get pictures of while I was messing with the parking brake cables

Tuesday, September 02, 2014 8:31 AM
That's exactly where my new Z was rusted at. Wish I saw that before I bought it. I Had that all fixed up and laid some Por15 up under there.

306 TQ
Tuesday, September 02, 2014 6:28 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure what I want to do yet. But I do think that the cav is rusted through in the frame in enough places that it's not worth fixing. I have had my eye on a couple other cav's to swap my parts on to though.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search