Boosted's 2010-2011 Build Thread - Page 21 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Boosted's 2010-2011 Build Thread
Friday, February 11, 2011 4:15 PM
This is where the excitement builds! Love watching this beautiful machine come together! Keep the pics coming bro!

Saturday, February 12, 2011 10:56 AM
nicest, most proffesional job done on any J!

Sunday, February 13, 2011 1:58 PM
finished up a few things yesturday before i ran out of argon.

Buy my stuff!!! CLICK

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Sunday, February 13, 2011 2:01 PM
There it is! LOVE the intercooler. so agressive. too bad its going to be hidden mostly by the front. How much the IC set you back making your own?

Sunday, February 13, 2011 2:03 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:There it is! LOVE the intercooler. so agressive. too bad its going to be hidden mostly by the front. How much the IC set you back making your own?

I think thats his radiator? maybe not, sure seems big enough for it though lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, February 13, 2011 2:04 PM

Sunday, February 13, 2011 2:04 PM
Stephen (manta z) wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:There it is! LOVE the intercooler. so agressive. too bad its going to be hidden mostly by the front. How much the IC set you back making your own?

I think thats his radiator? lol

look a page back and see his rad

Sunday, February 13, 2011 2:04 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
Stephen (manta z) wrote:

yeah i thought the same after i posted.. my bad

Sunday, February 13, 2011 2:08 PM
Stephen (manta z) wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
Stephen (manta z) wrote:

yeah i thought the same after i posted.. my bad

check your pm's

Sunday, February 13, 2011 2:11 PM
Whats the hole in the IC for?

Also, are you running power steering lines? Just look like the header is going to be in the way of the lines going to the back.

Btw, I love the slanted intake manifold. That is how mine is, just not that agressive of a cut. That will get the air swirling around in there more. Nice!!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Sunday, February 13, 2011 2:22 PM
It might be easier to run a manual rack than to deal with rerouting the power steering lines

The hole might be the inlet to the intercooler.

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Sunday, February 13, 2011 2:46 PM
its an intercooler just one big ass one, kinda funny looking next to my radiator. hole in the intercooler is inlet still need to get the materials for the inlet and outlet. im going to be running a 2200ohv powersteering pump off the pulley, didnt want the powersteering pump driven off the cam anyways always thought it was a very @!#$ty design.

Buy my stuff!!! CLICK

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten

Sunday, February 13, 2011 2:53 PM
Absolutely bad ass dude. Love everything about it.

Sunday, February 13, 2011 3:55 PM
i am loving that new intake manifold!

If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing
Monday, February 14, 2011 4:36 AM
Why even run power steering on a race car?

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Monday, February 14, 2011 5:34 AM
i think he plans on running it on the streets if im not mistaken so probably doesnt want to deal with normal driving without it possibly?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, February 14, 2011 5:47 AM
sndsgood wrote:i think he plans on running it on the streets if im not mistaken so probably doesnt want to deal with normal driving without it possibly?

correct this will still be a street car as well as a race car......

LOOking serious as always bro

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, February 14, 2011 6:06 AM
sndsgood wrote:i think he plans on running it on the streets if im not mistaken so probably doesnt want to deal with normal driving without it possibly?

I know but you don't need power steering to drive on the street. It would free up some power and cut some weight to get rid of it ...

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile

Monday, February 14, 2011 10:37 AM
well seeing as how you are not using the steering during drag racing i do not see how it effects power levels? if it does its barely noticable...

Monday, February 14, 2011 11:53 AM
Skilz10179 wrote:

I know but you don't need power steering to drive on the street. It would free up some power and cut some weight to get rid of it ...

i agree, but it is easier with power steering. problaby wants to keep some comfort level to the car.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, February 14, 2011 12:18 PM
z yaaaa wrote:well seeing as how you are not using the steering during drag racing i do not see how it effects power levels? if it does its barely noticable...

The motor is always running the power steering pump, so its using more hp the higher you rev the motor. You're right its not going to be a noticeable difference but its more common than not to remove power steering on purpose built race cars. Its not a big deal, I just thought it was odd.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile

Monday, February 14, 2011 2:57 PM
well idk if you've ever driven a cav without power steering but it sucks.

Monday, February 14, 2011 3:32 PM
Damn your car is coming along very nicely. The hole in the hood for the t/c is awesome! I've never seen it done before.

Monday, February 14, 2011 4:04 PM
z yaaaa wrote:well idk if you've ever driven a cav without power steering but it sucks.

My daily driver has no power steering and yes it sucks lol but i wouldn't mind it so much on a drag car. Either way its Brandon's car and Brandon's preference that really matters, i was just thinking out loud...

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 8:07 AM
nice! kinda like a backdoor on the intercooler except our exhaust is firewall side, my buddy's lude runs his like this going from turbo, coupler, intercooler. also have you considered electric power steering from an MR2? run it via switch and have everything relocated to be hidden. off when racing then click it on when cruising.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 9:21 AM
gmanz24 (The Bash Whore) wrote:nice! kinda like a backdoor on the intercooler except our exhaust is firewall side, my buddy's lude runs his like this going from turbo, coupler, intercooler. also have you considered electric power steering from an MR2? run it via switch and have everything relocated to be hidden. off when racing then click it on when cruising.

This has peaked my interest for a while. I definitely did my homework on an electric power steering setup but them I bought engine goodies instead.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search