New Guy! 2000 Cavalier - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Guy! 2000 Cavalier
Wednesday, January 14, 2015 5:52 AM
Hey! I've been looking around the forums for a little bit now just admiring some of the work that takes place and figured I'd share some of my own. Back in August of 2014 I purchased a 2000 Chevy Cavalier two door 5 speed with the 2200 of course. From there I have tinkered on a few things until recent when I all of a sudden decided I wanted some @!#$ done. XD Anyway here you guys go, hopefully there will be plenty more post for me to make as far as updates go!

Don't worry, none of that oil is from my cav

It is really a very solid car! I was excited when I found that it is just as clean underneath as well.

Re: New Guy! 2000 Cavalier
Wednesday, January 14, 2015 7:45 AM
Welcome to the forum. Car looks super clean from the outside.

I repeatedly say to new members that there is a ton of info on here, which there is, but the more I go back and look through some of the stickies, the more I notice how many broken links and images there are. So - there is still a ton of great info on here, but sometimes you have to dig a little.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 7:56 AM
Thanks! I've noticed myself that some pictures no longer exist, usually the info is still there in text form, it just makes me sad I can't see some awesome pics!

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 7:01 PM
To start I decided to try and change it up a little bit tail light wise. My stock lenses were in really good shape, so I did some thinking and grabbed a can of VHT Nightshades.

Like I said there was nothing wrong with my lenses, just wanting a new look.

Masking done! Time for paint. (I forgot to get a pic of the whole rear end covered in newspaper, rather entertaining )
Before painting and even masking I cleaned the lenses very thoroughly with some purple power and rubbing alcohol

I really like the way they turned out! I was surprised at just how glossy the nightshades turned out with just a wax after letting it cure for awhile.

Friday, January 16, 2015 5:41 AM
Looks good. I've always liked the tinted tails look, especially on a black car.

Saturday, January 17, 2015 7:47 PM
Now the stock headlights needed to go. I wanted some HID's so I found what I believe to be a decent company and picked up a set of 35w 6000k headlights and ballasts (I could have went 55w, but the price difference plus the likelihood of me blinding everyone due to the reflector designed headlight pushed me to the 35's) The install is surprisingly easy on the cavalier as long as you know about the clip that locks the marker and actual headlight together.

Driver side ballast.

Passenger side ballast.

I like the way it turned out! Of course left is stock and right HID's

I was also annoyed at the oxidation on my headlights so I gave restoring them a go vs dropping at least $70 on a new set.

Before pic. I chose to wetsand it still in the car so I would have a convenient way of having it held still while sanding. I went with 600grit then 2000grit to finish it up.

After sanding. I touched up a few spots afterwards. (I removed them for painting)

Then I sprayed them with a clear coat designed for plastic and that is uv protective! Not quite brand new off the line, but a nice improvement for $12

Monday, January 19, 2015 12:16 AM
Moisture in headlights suck

A little heat and silicone on a small crack fixes everything.

Monday, January 19, 2015 12:36 AM
New Rims!!!

I wanted to see what they looked like mocked up next to the car.

They needed ALOT of cleaning!

Picked up a nice set of 205 50 r16s to wrap them in.

Washed and on the car! Really starting to like my car and the way its turning out, the bug has bit me so I'm looking for anything I can do now!

More pics from our first warm day in awhile

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 12:04 AM
Nice dude! Looks clean! Any plans to lower it?
Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7:30 AM
Looking good so far.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7:35 AM
YES! I'm not sure about slamming it but definitely lower. Come tax time I may look into picking up some shiny new suspension parts

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7:37 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:Looking good so far.

Thanks! It really is nice to hear that from someone on the forums, I've seen some freaking awesome stuff on here

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 2:36 PM
Good stuff! 👌

Instagram: @monstrr_
Tuesday, January 20, 2015 9:57 PM
@ monstrr_ wrote:Good stuff! 👌

Thanks! I've been watching your thread really like what your doing as well!

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 10:03 PM
Grabbed a few pics with my friends buddy today.

He drives a 07 Accord that's slammed on coilovers. (My friend has a 97 4 Door Honda Civic slammed as well, his engine is blown at the moment waiting to see what he drops in )

Definitely wanting this thing lower!

Wednesday, February 04, 2015 6:03 PM
Just made a couple purchases. Can't wait to receive the stuff! It's killing me!!!

Wednesday, February 04, 2015 6:35 PM
Also managed to make it out to the lake this week with a friend. He just bought himself a 99si with a b16 in it with full exhaust system, aem fuel rail, power steering delete, ac delete and a few other odd n things. I actually manage to leave him 1st-2nd and hold him off until right at 80 in 3rd. Couldn't be more proud of my little 2200 wanting an ecotec bad.

Still needing more low

What quicker way to fill the stereotype huh?

If that last picture wasn't enough XD

Friday, February 06, 2015 1:13 AM
On my ln2 suspension upgrades made it a fun dd. Power mods really didnt do much but that was before tuning via hp tuners was doable. Otherwise keep up the work. Looks clean.

Friday, February 06, 2015 12:33 PM
Thanks! I am wanting a better look and funner drive suspension wise. I haven't made up my mind on a set of lowering springs yet, so any input is appreciated! I've also read that anyone who installs a shifter absoulotely falls in love with it, so I figured I couldn't go wrong at $55 shipped. I actually didn't plan on struts so soon, but I found a deal I couldn't pass up, it's pushed back my stereo a little bit O.o still rocking the stocker with a 10in bazooka pulling signal from the rear 6x9's XD

Friday, February 06, 2015 12:41 PM
Also, does anyone have some tips as to debaging? I'm somewhat timid to do it as this car has a value paint job on it. While its not crappy, it's also not a $3,000 paint either.

Friday, February 06, 2015 2:27 PM
Those shocks/struts are really meant for lowering and getting a 225/50 or 205/55 will help a ton with your wheel gap. Eibach prokit isn't too harsh on stock replacement style dampeners.

BLOWN2POINT4 Ion Quad Coupe Autotragic