My Current 2200 - Page 5 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: More Parts.
Monday, January 19, 2015 6:10 AM
I had a leak prior to switching to synthetic that was barely noticeable. Apon switching to synthetic it multiplied. I figured it would and it did.

Projector Retrofit
Sunday, February 01, 2015 9:41 PM
Got some Mini H1 Morimoto Projectors with Gatling Gun Shrouds, and cant decide if I want to paint them black or keep them chrome.

I'm leaning towards making them flat black.

Also, I don't know weather or not to stick Halo Rings in there or not.

I might just paint them, aim them and seal em up and install.
Re: Projector Retrofit
Sunday, February 01, 2015 10:29 PM
Id paint them black inside, halos with tinted transparent blue lens

ReD RaiN
Monday, February 02, 2015 6:29 AM
Wait a tick....they bolted right it?
Monday, February 02, 2015 4:14 PM
Not exactly no.
Same with the DS2's, have to trim down the stock light mount on the back, till the threaded lock ring could fit. Then the projector fit. It sits pretty damn close to the lens but other then that, just had to trim the shroud a bit to fit/push back.

I've heard that the DS2's are smaller however I haven't compared them. I have a set of them in an old projector set up fail.

I doubt I'll be able to put any halo on the front because how close it sits to the lens. My lenses are currently detached, however in this photo they are just mocked up. Haven't got around to installing any HID set up in the car to aim the projector.
Projector Retrofit Update
Saturday, March 07, 2015 3:14 PM
So I got around to installing the projectors

At first I mocked it up how they were and I didn't quite know if that was how I wanted them to look. So I went about and painted them.

Taken apart

Painted and ready for reseal.

I had ordered a relay harness from TRS and when it came in I plugged everything in and turned it all on, that tiny yellowish mark is a stock headlight still plugged in for comparision.

I set them in there spot and did a quick aiming of them.

I am super impressed with the output of these bad boys.

I love them black. I made the decision that I think the corner marker lights should be black so I ordered a set of those and will install them when they arrive.
Re: Projector Retrofit Update
Saturday, March 07, 2015 9:34 PM
Looking good, note bout the blacked corners.. Not sure if purchased ones are the same but my blacked out corners have little light display. Consider leds

ReD RaiN
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search