New Guy! 2000 Cavalier - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: New Guy! 2000 Cavalier
Wednesday, February 11, 2015 3:46 AM
Please make your signature smaller to correctly fit the size requirements.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 9:54 AM
Hey man debadging is a pain in the ass but what i did is got some goo gone stuff and soaked the badges with it and used like fishing line and pulled it behind them. Once they are off you can clean it up quite a bit with the goo gone. Of course there are tons of methods in doing things, if you want i can post a closeup pic of where my badges were so you can see how mine turned out.

Instagram: @monstrr_
Wednesday, February 11, 2015 10:25 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:Please make your signature smaller to correctly fit the size requirements.

Alright, will do I apologize about that.

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 10:27 AM
@ monstrr_ wrote:Hey man debadging is a pain in the ass but what i did is got some goo gone stuff and soaked the badges with it and used like fishing line and pulled it behind them. Once they are off you can clean it up quite a bit with the goo gone. Of course there are tons of methods in doing things, if you want i can post a closeup pic of where my badges were so you can see how mine turned out.

Ok, sounds like a promising way to do it! I'll probably attempt it pretty soon, and if you are up to posting pictures sure! Any help is appreciated

Sunday, February 15, 2015 3:19 PM
Fun stuff arrived in the mail!

Sunday, February 15, 2015 4:53 PM
Nice car! I too have a 2000 Cavalier. Mine is a base sedan with the 2200 and 3T40 automatic transmission. Mine has 102,000 miles. It was left to me by my father when he passed away in 2009. I bought a new 2013 Ford Focus SFE, and drive my cavalier more than I do the Focus. The only thing that has been replaced on the Cavalier is 2 sets of front brake pads, 1 set of rear brake shoes, a water pump, a thermostat, a top and bottom radiator hose, 2- batteries, a set of tires, an idle tension pulley, and a serpentine belt. So in 15 years, that's only $750-$800 in parts. I will never get rid of my Cavalier, as I absolutely love it. I wish I had bought another Cavalier when I bought the Focus.
Sunday, February 15, 2015 5:16 PM
John Powers wrote:Nice car! I too have a 2000 Cavalier. Mine is a base sedan with the 2200 and 3T40 automatic transmission. Mine has 102,000 miles. It was left to me by my father when he passed away in 2009. I bought a new 2013 Ford Focus SFE, and drive my cavalier more than I do the Focus. The only thing that has been replaced on the Cavalier is 2 sets of front brake pads, 1 set of rear brake shoes, a water pump, a thermostat, a top and bottom radiator hose, 2- batteries, a set of tires, an idle tension pulley, and a serpentine belt. So in 15 years, that's only $750-$800 in parts. I will never get rid of my Cavalier, as I absolutely love it. I wish I had bought another Cavalier when I bought the Focus.
That's an awesome story man. Not to mention very little maintenance. I bought my car with high mileage at 207xxx, I just got back from my second long trip about 650 miles round trip and the thing runs smooth as silk.

Re: New Guy! 2000 Cavalier Debaged!
Monday, March 02, 2015 10:13 AM
Finally got around to some debadging now that it warmed up a little bit.

I'm actually a fan, especially from a slight distance.

Monday, March 02, 2015 5:11 PM
Looking good Jacob J!!!!!!! What size and brand wheels and tires do you have on your 2000?
Monday, March 02, 2015 5:41 PM
John Powers wrote:Looking good Jacob J!!!!!!! What size and brand wheels and tires do you have on your 2000?

Thanks! The Rims are Primax 618's (Their an Enkei RPF01 Clone I Believe) As for the tires those are a set of used Pirelli P6's ( 205 50 r16)

Friday, March 13, 2015 11:29 AM
Accomplished some small stuff here recently. Finally got around to disabling my DRL's since I installed HID's.
(Holy crap my plug took some convincing to finally come out)

And since we had a nice pretty day I went ahead and installed my new center caps! I bought the rims used and of course they were missing two of them. So I ordered these and it turned out to be a custom instal XD

The carbon fiber inlay on the caps really make the wheels pop and a add a slightly more agressive look in my opinion. Definitely better than the old ones.

Saturday, March 14, 2015 7:28 PM
I have got to say, that is possibly one of the prettiest 2000 Cav's I've seen. It looks brand new nearly. Compared to my own which I need to do some body work on along with interior and electrical work. Jacob J, how much would you say you've invested in your Cav?
Sunday, March 15, 2015 3:32 AM
Paul Kindelsperger wrote:I have got to say, that is possibly one of the prettiest 2000 Cav's I've seen. It looks brand new nearly. Compared to my own which I need to do some body work on along with interior and electrical work. Jacob J, how much would you say you've invested in your Cav?

Thanks! It does have it's own character here and there, mostly the notorious 2000 and up dash issues O.o It's a work in progress and I hope to do more to it. All in all I would say I have around $2200-$2500 so far? Can't wait to see some of that wheel gap disappear!

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 8:27 PM
Ordered some more parts! Car should be lower soon.

Got a pretty neat picture while out with my two Honda buddies.

Re: New Guy! 2000 Cavalier Going Lower!
Friday, March 20, 2015 9:50 PM
My parts have arrived and by this coming Tuesday or Wednesday my car should be lower! Getting really excited.

Ordered a short antenna to replace my stock one. So far I'm liking it, I'm just a little iffy as to whether or not it's a little to much blue? (Sorry for the poor picture)

My buddy had some extra carbon fiber wrap so I decided I would try it out on my center console lid....turned out pretty good for my first go

Saturday, March 21, 2015 12:52 AM
One more shot of the console lid in the car.

Sunday, March 22, 2015 3:58 PM
Ah, found the thread about disabling the DRL's, I thought it was this thread. Thanks for the pictures!
Friday, April 03, 2015 5:47 PM
Car has been lowered!

So far I'm liking the results.

I also picked up some new wheels and mounted a front lip. While I like the look of black wheels, I had an idea and decided to be a little different. So I started working on the wheels over a couple days and ended up with this!

(Don't worry about the overspray on the tires, they are shot so I will be buying new ones.)

Tuesday, April 07, 2015 10:26 PM
New tires came today. hope to have them on the wheels and on the car within the next few days.

Friday, April 10, 2015 11:27 AM
Now , all u need is a nice pair of racing seats and boost!

BLACKMANTIS
Friday, April 10, 2015 8:53 PM
Why so small?!?! 225/45/17 205/50/17 215/45/17 235/45/17 245/40/17 Anything bigger would have been better. Only if you were running 10" wide wheels with massive camber on coilovers would you even need that small of a tire.

I do like the black wheels a lot better!

BLOWN2POINT4 Ion Quad Coupe Autotragic