Mack Truck's 2015 progress - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Mack Truck's 2015 progress
Friday, May 08, 2015 11:31 PM
Well, instead of digging through pages and pages of threads to find my last progress thread, here's a new one. First off, at one point I was going to take my LSS coupe and return it to stock and get a sedan LSS, didn't exactly pan out. Oh well, may still end up with an LS sedan as a daily when I the ability to store both cars.

Anyway, here is basically a pic of what my LSS looked like for most of last year.

That was about two weeks after the pic below and a week after the trip to Alabama.

Note: The OEM K-brace is not installed due to the cross arms hitting the trans pan and preventing the brace to meet the subframe by about half an inch.

Well, here's the first pics for my progress this year. I was able to find a really nice set of Beretta GTU/Indy wheels out of East St Louis, IL. With all center caps too! I'm really liking the style of these directional wheels. They fit the style of the car so well.

Here's a side by side of sorts showing the fitment of my P225/50R16 Hankook S1 noble2s on the original LSS wheels and then the GTU wheels.

Note: The original chrome LSS wheels are available, shipping is possible. Message me for details.

I do have a couple updates to work on. One is not pictured, but will be a fun one and will have pics when I do work on it. One pic is of my Elite 9004/9007 HID kit I got from The Retrofit Source. Kit details here. The other of course is an eBay intake kit I got to replace the rest of my stock intake, especially since I needed something for a crankcase vent hose. I will be toning the chrome down some with some Duplicolor Shadow Paint. Details here.

I know I had scored some minor performance mods in the last 6 to 7 months or more, but will be putting them in after I collect a couple other items.

Enjoy the pics.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803

Re: Mack Truck's 2015 progress
Sunday, May 10, 2015 8:40 PM
Looks good!

I've got a ttr k-brace I'd trade ya for the oem k-brace. The ttr will clear the auto teams when flipped.

Monday, May 11, 2015 4:24 AM
strat81 wrote:Looks good!

I've got a ttr k-brace I'd trade ya for the oem k-brace. The ttr will clear the auto teams when flipped.

Then there's that pesky ground you have to watch out for..

OP, looks clean. I dig it.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, May 14, 2015 7:39 PM
strat81 wrote:Looks good!

Y3llowCav wrote:OP, looks clean. I dig it.

Thanks guys.

strat81 wrote:I've got a ttr k-brace I'd trade ya for the oem k-brace. The ttr will clear the auto teams when flipped.

Very tempting.

Well, did get a couple things done back on Wednesday. Test fitted some components of my HIDs, but can't completely install till I get a couple other items I need for install. Test fitted the items for one of my other projects, just need to order a couple items and then can get it done. And what I took care of first.

The eBay kit didn't completely fit, which was kind of expected, but I did have a few Spectre items laying around and actually got a nice looking setup. I was thinking of painting the pieces before with Shadow Paint, but kind of got lazy and was probably a good thing since I had to kind of do a modified setup.

That was all dealt with in the morning to mid afternoon, but took a break before heading in to work to take care of the first half of the fourth project, my ARP wheel studs. The pics below show the before ARPness and after ARPness.
Before:

After:

Now I just have to deal with carefully clearancing the center caps.

Friday, May 15, 2015 3:19 AM
Why such long studs?

FU Tuning

Friday, May 15, 2015 6:05 AM
If those are the fbody studs I believe they only come in two lengths. 2.50" and 3.25" I believe...

Those appear to be the 2.5".

Friday, May 15, 2015 6:30 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:Why such long studs?

I wasn't comfortable about how many threads the lug nuts had caught after putting on my GTU wheels.
strat81 wrote:If those are the fbody studs I believe they only come in two lengths. 2.50" and 3.25" I believe...

Correct, bought them off Eli aka Cheesecake.

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 1:17 PM
Well, got some more work done on a couple projects, not 100% done yet, but mostly. Mainly was working on installing my HID kit plus starting the install on another project with I'll leave you guys to figure out. After I finished the HID install, I didn't have any high beam function, but it's nice that they have a note with the harness mentioning the most likely fix for it. Now on to the pics.

A shot of the headlight output before.

A look at the ballast and ignitor installed on the passenger side. Can you see what my other project was in this pic?

Passenger side ballast ground point. It actually tested out as a real good point at 0.7 ohms.

A look at the modification for the bulb wiring. I drilled a 3/4 inch hole in the lower flat section. Got two drillable rubber grommets from American Autowire via SummitRacing.com. Drilled a 1/4 inch hole in the grommets and a slit to fit around the wire after putting the three connectors through and plugged the hole.

Mounting locations of the ballast, ignitor, and MotoControl relay module on driver's side.

Obvious power hook up. Couldn't get a good shot for the ballast ground on the driver's side, but it's basically on the ground screw on the battery tray.

And the final result with both lights on. I realized that I forgot to plug the passenger side fog light back up when I took the pic.

Now I just have to fix the high beam issue and continue work on the other project I started. The light output is actually really nice the first night as I joined a buddy of mine and hung out at his place for a bit before heading home after the opening night of Green Street Cruise Night in McHenry, IL.

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 2:10 PM
strat81 wrote:If those are the fbody studs I believe they only come in two lengths. 2.50" and 3.25" I believe...

100% correct.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search