Silver 04 ls status - Page 8 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Silver 04 ls status
Friday, January 30, 2015 6:39 AM
UPDATE!......no the turbo motor is not installed.....and no i haven't done any turbo fab work for my eco car....but I got BC coilovers en route and the ga gt LCA's will be going back on.

ps, I got no garage to fab/build out of so cav is DD I'm renting a townhouse at the moment.

Friday, January 30, 2015 9:04 AM
Progress is still progress though.

Glad to see youre still doing it!

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Saturday, January 31, 2015 12:45 PM
So if I read the history correctly, you have a forged internals L61 + Precision 5431 that will be going in one day . . . nice!

Saturday, January 31, 2015 9:19 PM
^that is correct...and a ported l61 head with ferrea valves and comp turbo cams. Tuning will be done via hp tuners and port fueler.

Monday, February 09, 2015 1:26 PM
Goodies showed up..

Monday, February 09, 2015 6:04 PM
That carpet reminds me of a screen saver from windows 98. lol.

This car needs to do more getting done and less not getting done. I need a thread to look forward to when I come here now.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Monday, February 09, 2015 6:35 PM
That rug does look like an old screen saver....never realized that until now haha.

How about I post here and text you when mods are going down since i have your cell number? Also do you have any ln2 valve train parts you want to part with? There is a local turbo ln2 s ten I'm going to be working on when the weather gets better. Thought yiu might want to sell some stuff.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 4:50 AM
Let me look through the garage. I might have some things. I still have all my old turbo stuff from my first setup and possibly some company 918 springs. Also a stock untouched head (bare).

Other than that though I'd need to look.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 4:51 AM
Comp** springs

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 9:11 AM
Or actually you could just buy the whole car

I think it just needs a cam bearing or two. Its the only thing i didnt take out of the block and it still makes noises and misses and doesnt pull normal vac at idle.

All i want is the wideband out of it I think.

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 2:05 AM
No need for another ln2 car to play with....plus i have my turbo eco build to finish. And i need to save up for a Holley Hp stand alone for the dakota.

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 3:55 AM
This needs to get finished already

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, March 03, 2015 8:53 AM
^I know right?...hey I'll probably beat Brad over in Iowa but who knows.

Wednesday, March 04, 2015 4:29 AM

Well played sir.

Sunday, March 08, 2015 6:04 PM
Saturday when I got out of work at 7am i went to my uncles to use his garage.

Thursday, December 03, 2015 12:56 PM
Another update....and not one you want to see lol. In may I closed on a house and have dumped lots of money into it.....gutting bathroom new floors re did the 3 bedrooms...and just started the important part. The garage. All pics are from last 2 weeks.

So its cliser to tigweld and fab time than ive been since i was renting a house 2 years ago.

Sunday, December 20, 2015 3:50 PM
So........another kit is at my door.

Sunday, December 20, 2015 10:26 PM
I have a non car related question.I see the mega size compressor and what are the specs.Also is that a 120v or 240v deal.I have a 5hp 30gal that does ok,but for sand blasting it cylcles too much, and I am considering a stand up unit like yours.If you would care to share the price of said unit as I have been looking,but not too serious to jump on the buy too soon.Congrats on the house as I can understand the updating.The very short we added 900 sq ft to our existing house and 700 sq ft is the garage and fully insulated.

Monday, December 21, 2015 6:35 AM
Not a problem Ron. The compressor is an 80gallon 2 stage 5hp 240v unit from tractor supply in carpentersville. Normally it is 1099.99 but on black friday it was 150 off and they took a 20%off one item coupon from harbor freight saving me a total of 340 off the normal price. Out the door i paid 828.xx it flows 15.6cfm at 90psi and 15.8@40psi.

LINK TO IR COMPRESSOR AT TRACTOR SUPPLY

sound like a nice little upgrade at your house. I already want a larger garage lol. But need to live with what i can afford. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Monday, December 21, 2015 9:45 PM
Thanks and that clearly would meet my needs and your price is a heck of deal! I have looked at home depot on some decent choices probably in the same normal price range just a hd brand or alternate (idk recall).I just have had too much in the last 3 wks going on to even bother really looking to consider what I want.Plus I am going to update my 1/2 impact that just does not have the power I need to bust loose say like frozen A arm bolts rusted into another orbit.I did the struts and stabilizer links had to bust out a cutting wheel to cut off the nuts as the internals just spun.Work done was on my nephews 02 civic.More reason to buy a bigger compressor as yours would clearly fit my need.Thanks again for the info.R

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 6:25 AM
Depending what your budget is Ron There is a 60 gallon 2 stage harbor freight that has great reviews. The parts are made un the EU. And assembled state side.

Bad news....went into work 4 hours early last night and came out this morning to find someone swipped my drivers side fender bumper. Has to be a second shift guy because nobody on 3rd has a white car. I doubt anything will happen but after my passenger side got dented this makes me want to swap to the 00-02 LS front now.

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 8:26 AM
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!!!

Car is sold...that is all haha keeping a lot of parts though like my nwf setup, a spare m62 kit and a bunch of turbo eco goodies. New dd is an 06 P71 crown vic.

Sunday, January 07, 2018 1:34 PM
Not sure how many people are sub'd or still messing around with eco's but I'll be going through some of my parts stash that I can't throw on my old turbo 2200 (buddy owns it now) and I'll be posting in the facebook groups. I know I have TTR port fueler with injector controler box, 60's, NIB comp turbo cams, NIB supertech springs, NIB Arp head studs, Coated hahn turbo manifold with ext gate (never ran) , NIB hardened oil pump gears from Bates, NOS eco harness for and auto with abs and a few other things. I post them all up individually for sale or buy it all for like 850.. I don't plan on getting another j any time soon and if I do I'll put my spare supercharger kit on it. I've been stashing cash up for an LS /4l80e swap in my dakota so money from these parts will just go towards that.

Monday, January 08, 2018 3:32 AM
There is a surprising number of us getting back into j's.Hell I've got 3 in the house again!

Oh and I want the headstuds

DRIVING FORCE FABRICATIONS

Monday, January 08, 2018 1:03 PM
Jeffie @ Driving Force Fabs wrote:There is a surprising number of us getting back into j's.Hell I've got 3 in the house again!

Oh and I want the headstuds
That's cuz you're a J-whore.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search