Silver 04 ls status - Page 4 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Silver 04 ls status
Wednesday, October 21, 2009 8:48 AM
Jeff, how those new slides holdin up?

Mark

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 8:15 AM
OEM wrote:Jeff, how those new slides holdin up?

Mark

Never got around to reinstalling them since I needed a car for DD I put my stock control arms on and stock mounts. I'll be putting them back on in the spring.

Update- got purchased Airtonics h/e res a while back, and ordered a different header, I also have a few other things I'm going to change up. I'll update as progress is made.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 5:50 PM
paitently awaiting progress!

Monday, February 15, 2010 6:32 AM
Nice man...can't wait to see what's coming!

Project Resurrection is in full swing!
Wednesday, May 05, 2010 12:34 PM
Well while I don't have a camera to post up whats been going on with the car, I have been slightly busy. This Friday Cavattack will be up in Chicago tuning Vetguy's ohv turbo cav ( my old one) and my m62 eco so I'm hoping for the best.

Since my last update I got the following installed

O.E.M. m62 to manifold phenolic spacer
ZZP phenolic intake manifold spacer-( had to oreder different shoulder bolts from mcmaster carr I'll post part #'s later)
bigger H/e
Dual pass
Airtronics ice box
new h/e pump pigtail (old one rotted out from winter)
AEM wideband
Tsudo header- machined all flanges and replaced flex pipe with aftermarket flex
Atomic Fabrications 304 stainless 2.5 exhaust header back with V bands
I also finished fabing up my LS1 tb cable bracket and it's paint is currently drying.

Come dyno day, I got to install my 42 lb hour injectors as well, and I'm hoping for at least 250 whp but time will tell and I'll update this thread when i get back.

Thursday, May 06, 2010 10:37 AM
Your doing all that for 250whp? Shoulda just cammed it.

Thursday, May 06, 2010 12:31 PM
Tinkles wrote:Your doing all that for 250whp? Shoulda just cammed it.

Not at all, I just don't want to expect a higher number and be disapointed. In all honesty I'm hoping for 270whp but we will see.
I just fired the car up with the gm flash it idles nice and the car can be moved around at a 10.8-11.9 afr driving under vacume and a light foot.

Wednesday, June 02, 2010 7:57 AM
Well I've been too lazy to post any update pics or info so I figured I'd do it before I finished my last beer and go to bed. Once I replace my bad throw out bearing and get my car to the track I'll post up some new quarter mile times. I had Cavattack2200 tune the car, the blue lines were the first pull on the dyno and the red is after some tweaking. I just scored a spare eco for $100 so as time allows, I'll be building a motor and getting some cams to go with it, so I'll keep this thread going.

Dyno results- fake2.5 bar tune on a M62 eco,3.0 @10 psi, LS1 tb and full exhaust with phenolic spacers and dual pass.

Atomic Fabrications 2.5 stainless exhaust with v bands.

Wednesday, June 02, 2010 2:31 PM
Nice that gives me alot of hope for later on this year.

Thursday, June 03, 2010 3:43 AM
Car pulls good, and eventually I'll get a smaller pulley, and cams, and we'll see where it goes then.

Thursday, June 03, 2010 4:04 AM
Tinkles you were going to be installing cams on a stock motor with different springs for your tune or will you be swapping a built lowwer end in as well?

Thursday, June 03, 2010 6:11 AM
Glad you are enjoying it Jeff... BTW, how is Ron's car coming? I hate that we could not finish his due to the problems that arised....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, June 03, 2010 6:21 AM
We haven't done much to his car since. He is working on other things right now. I think he just wants to step away for a bit and take his time.....he was considering selling the car if he still has issues after swapping the harness though..so we will see.

Thursday, June 03, 2010 12:26 PM
JUCNBST wrote:Tinkles you were going to be installing cams on a stock motor with different springs for your tune or will you be swapping a built lowwer end in as well?

Justs cams, valvesprings, 60s, 29", and basically everything thing you just installed will go on the stock engine. I have a spare eco that'll get a full build next year.

We need some ~300whp S/C Js on here.

Thursday, June 03, 2010 12:36 PM
249, very nice. Hoping once I get my header installed and retuned that I pump out alot more then my 214.

Nice!!

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Thursday, June 03, 2010 2:00 PM
slvrblit wrote:249, very nice. Hoping once I get my header installed and retuned that I pump out alot more then my 214.

Nice!!
Based on your mods, you should be making more than the 214whp... How much boost are you reading? Who did your tune?

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, June 03, 2010 6:24 PM
Was running super rich at the time of dyno. 10.1 AFR, car was tuned to run mid 11's. I'm seeing 11-12psi.

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Monday, June 07, 2010 8:09 AM
I picked up my spare eco motor....so I'm slowly going to aquire parts for my lowwer end build...rods/pistons, hardend oil pump gears and balance shaft delete.

Monday, June 07, 2010 3:10 PM
JUCNBST wrote:I picked up my spare eco motor....so I'm slowly going to aquire parts for my lowwer end build...rods/pistons, hardend oil pump gears and balance shaft delete.

Very Nice! Planning on staying with the m62, or are ya going to move up to a TVS?

Save your money. It might be worth something someday.

Monday, June 07, 2010 8:17 PM
very nice progress, im loving everything so far and its inspiring me to go S/C

2010 Lonestar Bash 2nd place J-Body Street Class
Tuesday, June 08, 2010 5:04 AM
Bryan, I'm going to stay m62 for a while, IF I change blowers it will be for an M90 or M112.....otherwise I might go turbo eventually

Tuesday, June 08, 2010 10:26 AM
JUCNBST wrote:Bryan, I'm going to stay m62 for a while, IF I change blowers it will be for an M90 or M112.....otherwise I might go turbo eventually

harrop tvs is a better alternative w/ less fabricating.

my carDomain updated 3/2/10 Forged and Supercharged

Thursday, June 10, 2010 1:55 AM
I'll the only reason I might go with an m90 or 112 is it's another option and I still need to see who made the plate for hotrod magazine when they did their lsj build article. If I can get a better deal on that than a harrop I might go that route.....but we'll see what happens in the long run.

Thursday, June 10, 2010 10:19 AM
The company who made that plate for those blower is called McMillan Fabrication. Web site is http://www.speedandfab.com/. For those who have not seen the hot rod article its http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/engine/hrdp_0907_gm_ecotec_bolt_ons/index.html

Save your money. It might be worth something someday.

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 3:35 PM
bump for insperation.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search