Tinks Coupe - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tinks Coupe
Saturday, July 01, 2017 11:36 AM
After almost a year of sitting in the same spot without getting any attention, I finally found some motivation to get the coupe back on the road again.

Why was it sitting? I was discouraged by finding this one day and didn't want to deal with it.

I hit the car with mold killer alittle bit ago and had been trying to find the motivation to clean the interior. It just so happens that I found just the right motivation yesterday.

1/2 way done

All done

Now all that is left is to register it again(ran out last month), get it inspected(in PA it has to be done annually), change the oil, and run out the old ethanol mixed unleaded 93.

BTW, the motivation I found involves one or two more of these, a special Sunoco pump, and a retune from Oldskool.

No, it isn't E85 and I haven't changed anything with the car. I want to see how much power I can make on my current setup and if this poor L61 will last the rest of the year.

Re: Tinks Coupe
Tuesday, July 04, 2017 8:42 AM
Nice!! Some race gas?

FU Tuning

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 4:58 AM
Glad to see it moving"ish" again.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Saturday, August 05, 2017 11:16 PM
The car is finally registered again and the annual inspection is done, so that means it is road legal again. I had it out trying to use up as much of the old 93 as I could. I ended up with a half tank of 93 that I added 7 gallons of 110 octane too(I was trying for a 50/50 mix to put me around 100 octane). Oldskool made the drive up and spent 2 hours just trying to get HPT to work. The newest version wouldn't log my car. Ryan ended up getting an older version of HPT from another KGM member(thanks again Jay) that worked. A few spirited runs later we went from 17* peak timing to, well, yea....

I hope to get the car on a dyno before winter. It has been awhile since I have driven that car so my butt dyno isn't properly calibrated, but it sure felt like it LOVED that timing.

Thursday, August 10, 2017 7:55 AM
Getting HP tuners to read is a headache sometimes. What version worked out for you?

Happy with the AFR's?

GMR has got nothing on this
Friday, September 01, 2017 6:15 PM
Glad to see an update, I haven't logged on in months.

Monday, September 04, 2017 7:38 PM
When i just had my car tuned for the m62 we had to find an older version, glad it wasn't just with my car. Glad to see it running again.
Friday, September 29, 2017 11:08 PM
A few glamour shots a buddy took at a little meet we had a bit ago.

And I finally got it back on a dyno to see what was gained from the retune on 100 octane fuel.

The results were 283whp/246wtq. So I gained ~20whp off of 8* more timing. Oldskool thinks that another 2psi will put it at/over 300whp(I'm at ~17psi currently). It still has the stock 3.1" pulley on it and I do have a 2.9" on the shelf. Maybe next year once I get committed to a different project car I'll put more boost to it and actively try to blow up the L61. And by actively I mean increasing the power until it pops, not filling it up with 87 octane while it is tuned on 100 octane.

Saturday, September 30, 2017 7:29 PM
So going from 93 to 100 octane got you 6° of advance? Man that's a big gain. I need to fill up with that and redyno now. I'd love to keep up with an m62

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, September 30, 2017 9:44 PM
8* more, yes. There is still room left for more timing, but we do not know where the threshold is to were I wont make anymore power. Ryan and I both feel that the timing we have in it now is a good enough "guess" for only street tuning the car. I would have to rent the dyno for an afternoon and dyno tune the car to find the limit for advancing the timing. That option is not an impossible one. Maybe springtime I'll do it and literally go for broke.

Tuesday, October 03, 2017 4:48 AM

Tuesday, October 03, 2017 5:35 AM
It really devastates me how quiet the TVS is.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, October 03, 2017 6:15 PM
The car is quite loud at WOT and we were inside a building. Those are my excuses as to why you cannot hear the blower.

Wednesday, October 04, 2017 3:52 AM
Y3llowCav wrote:It really devastates me how quiet the TVS is.

I REALY love to hear blower whine.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, October 04, 2017 5:40 PM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:
Y3llowCav wrote:It really devastates me how quiet the TVS is.

I REALY love to hear blower whine.

Me also. This is one reason why I would not want a TVS, but I want the ability for the power.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 6:47 AM
I’m gonna need a retune come spring time. Could always see about splitting the cost for a day.

Nice numbers btw!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search