Finished Rear Seat Delete - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Finished Rear Seat Delete
Monday, January 15, 2007 11:05 AM
Well i got my rear seat setup finished and the carpet cleaned, thats why it looks alittle funny in the pics, it is still damp. i removed the rear deck and made a new piece since i never liked the baby tie downs, also figured it would be cool to move the 6x9s from there too my new floor piece. cant be any happier with how it turned out.

Re: Finished Rear Seat Delete
Monday, January 15, 2007 11:08 AM
looks good man. nice and clean.

Monday, January 15, 2007 11:10 AM
nice, whats going back there?
Monday, January 15, 2007 11:11 AM
you did a really good job. very clean just also looks very plain.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, January 15, 2007 11:17 AM
Thats finished?........honest opinion.........clean but boring......doesn't match up w/the exterior

Jason

USACi =>146.9db
14.88 @ 90.73MPH =>GM Charger, Motor Mounts, Catback exhaust
Monday, January 15, 2007 11:23 AM
good clean install, but like ^^^ said....boring. i could understand if you wanted to delete it all, but moving the 6x9s there makes them look out of place. maybe at the bottom of the delete would have been better? either way kudos on the work....keep it up

Check out my CARDOMAIN page
THE BASH IS BACK....CLICK ME CLICK ME CLICK ME!!!
Monday, January 15, 2007 11:25 AM
looks good..ay during pics? i want to see how its connectedto the floor..phil
Monday, January 15, 2007 11:36 AM
nah i dont have any during pics, didnt take real long to do so i didnt take any pics, i have an l braket off the floor i made that ties in with the brakets that held the original seat into place, it aint movin anywhere. yeah it is simple, but thats what i was goin for at this time, i had alot of ideas but just wanted it to be clean. maybe later i will put 2 12s in the fllor as well, but for now the subs are stayin in the trunk

Monday, January 15, 2007 11:39 AM
So, what was accomplished by deleting the rear seat?

I'm seriously asking. Just for future plans?

Monday, January 15, 2007 12:14 PM
I did it for a few reasons, never had anyone in the back seat, and it was always folded down for the subs, which i didnt think looked all that great. I think it looks alot cleaner then a folded down rear seat did, and the board that is where the seat back was is thin and has about 60 holes in it so the sound comes through fine. plus i think it makes the racing seats look alot better this way as well, since the rear seat never really matched with them, and i put the 6x9s there for the simple fact that i made a new rear deck and figured they would sound alot better if they were right behind the front seats then in the rear deck, which they do

Monday, January 15, 2007 12:20 PM
Need at least 2 more speakers back there.. Either 2 12's on either side or one big huge 15 in the middle.. Sooomething, just to take up that dead space..
I do like the fals floor you did though..

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Monday, January 15, 2007 1:10 PM
i like it. dont change a thing IMO. when i delete the rear seat im just going to lay new carpet through out the car from front to back and call it a day.

"HONDA" tech wana-be

89 QUAD turbo build in progress
http://www.gadomestics.com/
Monday, January 15, 2007 4:56 PM
I like it a lot. Yes, it's simple, but like ya say it's way better then the look of the back seat folded down all the time and staring at the sub box.

Monday, January 15, 2007 5:03 PM
ImpulseBluCavy wrote:I did it for a few reasons, never had anyone in the back seat, and it was always folded down for the subs, which i didnt think looked all that great. I think it looks alot cleaner then a folded down rear seat did, and the board that is where the seat back was is thin and has about 60 holes in it so the sound comes through fine. plus i think it makes the racing seats look alot better this way as well, since the rear seat never really matched with them, and i put the 6x9s there for the simple fact that i made a new rear deck and figured they would sound alot better if they were right behind the front seats then in the rear deck, which they do

Cool, looks good!

You make your own template for it?

Monday, January 15, 2007 5:24 PM
Yeah made my own templetes, just used cardboard and some tig wire too follow the countor of the plastic

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 12:28 PM
it looks good but i would have just done nothing there so it was super clean

until you add your subs that is

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 10:35 PM
i did something similar, just the back tho, i put padding on the floor, built a small center console with a small 5" screen, on the back board i put 2 12" subs with a flush mounted ps2 in the center... i ended up getting rid of everything but the console, got bored with it. thinkin about building a huge amp/cap rack back there..what u guys think

SOLD....

Thursday, January 18, 2007 11:06 PM
would you be able to make duplicates of the template and send one my way, i love your delete, really clean and like the idea i have for mine

Thursday, January 18, 2007 11:20 PM
man thats super nice and clean...make me wanna go build one right now lol...what size material you use..and also what about the templets could you post a pic of them...just getn an idea...thanx man

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a381/maxxracer23/ModdinArtSignature.gif[/IMG]

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search