problem - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
problem
Saturday, April 14, 2007 8:25 PM
ok well i took my car to oreilys and found out what cel i was throwing and it was the idle air temp so i bought a new iat sensor and install it today. first i disconnected the batter both neg and pos. then i pulled the bad iat sensor out and put in the new iat sensor. then plugged it back into the quick connect with the two wires that go to the wiring harness then i assume the firewall. then i went back up to oreilys had them delete the cel code it was throwing and everything was fine. then about 15 miles later the cel came on again and same thing iat sensor. so i am looking for some answers is there something i did wrong or forgot to do? i looked at the two wires and they look good but i didnt follow them all the way back just about 6 inches or so out of the sensor is as far as i looked because the rest is covered up in electrical tape and a plastic loom. any help is greatly appreachiated thanks oh and the car is an 05 cavalier here is a pic as well to show if it helps and sorry i double posted shame on me but i didnt mean to put it in the maintenance although thats prob where it should be but not very many people go there and there is pictures with these lol and i need an answer pretty fast thanks and mods can you please delete the post of mine in maintenance thanks and sorry again

Re: problem
Saturday, April 14, 2007 8:54 PM
05? Isnt it still under warranty?

Saturday, April 14, 2007 8:58 PM
that was long read....but yeah it should be under warranty
Sunday, April 15, 2007 5:04 AM
no not under warrenty. since an after market intake has been installed there for it has been tampered with so they wont touch that part of the car
Sunday, April 15, 2007 6:13 AM
It ***IS*** under warranty. Unless they can prove that you WAI caused the damage (which they never will be able to), they are responsible.

Don't ever give up easy bud, and learn to stand up for yourself. Dealerships are known to hate aftermarket parts (well, those that aren't installed in their $60/hr shop...)

--------------------------------------------------------
2002 Sunfire -->
- Ractive steering wheel
- ASA 17" EM9 + Nexen N5000 215/45/17 (steelies for winter)
- D-Spec Lowering kit @ 1.4" (issues currently )
- Rockford P250.1 + MTX MZS1004 + Panasonic CQ-C8313U head unit
- Barely legal tint.
Sunday, April 15, 2007 6:38 AM
60hr lol not around here than want 90+ i dunno it should be a simple fix so im trying to figure out if someone has had this issue before so it can be fixed cuz that stupid glowing orange cel is annoying lol
Sunday, April 15, 2007 7:25 AM
Tyler Lemburg wrote:no not under warrenty. since an after market intake has been installed there for it has been tampered with so they wont touch that part of the car

Put all of your factory stuff back on and take it to the dealer. Simple as that. Just NEVER tell them you modded the engine in any way. I do it all the time and whatever they don't know won't hurt them. I had my car fixed 3 different times and all I did was put everything stock back on and take it to the dealer.

Sunday, April 15, 2007 7:33 AM
i dont have the stock intake system it had a big crack in it from being stored away
Sunday, April 15, 2007 7:34 AM
Damn.. that really sucks

Sunday, April 15, 2007 7:36 AM
ya oh well anyone else have any ideas other than taking it back to the dealer. is there a way to test the wires or the sensor to make sure its good i mean i just bought it (new from napa) but could the sensor be bad and did i do the install correctly
Sunday, April 15, 2007 7:52 AM
I'd check continuity the wiring..

------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, April 15, 2007 8:14 AM
That is not the right IAT sensor. It should be black plastic. Just because you have an "air filter" and not the OEM set up that is no reason for them to turn you down. I work at a Chevrolet dealer and we have seen more than that !! My own car for one and a few others in the area. You need to find another dealer to go to. If you're within 3yrs / 36,000 miles it is covered.

Sunday, April 15, 2007 8:15 AM
ok how far back though
Sunday, April 15, 2007 9:19 PM
i fixed it it was a bad connection on one of the wires i reconnected them by removing the old wires and putting new ones in thanks
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search