Sold the silver cav today... looking back pics-no 56K - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sold the silver cav today... looking back pics-no 56K
Saturday, March 01, 2008 6:16 PM
Well I sold the silver cav today. I'm gonna mis sit and it was definetly sad seeing it driving away. It was my first new car and I will miss it but it was time to move up in size to something with some more room. A coupe just wasn't practical for me anymore.

So heres to silver cav.......

Completely stock a day after picking it up, only thing I did was rip off the dealer emblem sticker (you could still see the sticker goo on the rear bumper)

the day after buying I started installing the old stereo crap I had my from my previous car.

My first real mod..... Coilovers

here it is lowered

I picked up the seats back in the day when A+ had the GP

Xtreme tuner.... first major exterior mod

By this time I had a bunch of performance stuff, a ton of bolt ons, suspensions, and nitrous, so the CF hood came next for the outside so my buddy Matt (CavieFreak) came out to visit and we went for some pics.

In the parking lot at work, my cavi, joes, cavi, and Rockos GLI and Alans GLI

next was the wheels and back for some more pics, I beielve it was around this time the car first cracked 13's and it was time for pics to submit to domestic driver magazine.

Geting some gas looking all sexy

After being told the last set of pics was to gloomy and dull (the weather) it was time for some more pics... so I took a few more around home then I drove out to Caviefreaks and we took more pics.

Yay for roasting tires

would you believe it made it through a chicago winter as is... that low, those wheels, CF hood, even with the cams that didn't like to let the car idle when its was below freezing temps hahahahha

new wheels and DTP came out to visit when he was hacked together and multicolored... pink triangles FTW!!!

Darkstars & Ken96Z drive 3 hours to invade Madision WI for an couple hours just for a meet

surveying the damage caused from a bunnies fuzzy little skull catching a 70 mph bumper on the highway... sounded liek I hit a bowling bowl but didn't do any damage

heres a pic of the first wash and wax after the above mentioned chicago winter hahahah

I picked up my car form the body shop friday night for the molded eyelids and painted hood, etc.... the next mourning, my first car show and my first trouphy

Me and Matt (Fatalic Cavi, the new owner of winks online) at one of the world famous chicago busse woods meets

The silver cav sharing a bed with the red cav

the nitrous was always in and out, at the Bash in 04 it was in. Thats Ronnie C in the reflection kissing the bottle

J-body cop car hahaha

The stereo that was redone long before this point but I can't place when (I wanna say shortly before that first trophy)

Me and Ken96Z (pic is uneditied... thats how it came out)

on of my favorate photo spots... the blue lights

Here what it looked like towards the end

In the year of showing the car...

Re: Sold the silver cav today... looking back pics-no 56K
Saturday, March 01, 2008 6:31 PM
ill always have a place in my heart for 03+ silver metalic cavies sad to see her go. i always loved your silver cav...

Saturday, March 01, 2008 6:37 PM
i too am sad to see it go man....

the different rims are what made that car have the 'pop' i think, without them i dont think it was AS appealing, but still looked pretty damn good.

good luck with the new car.

Wanting a nice set of black 17's with mint tires? Pm me.
Saturday, March 01, 2008 7:17 PM
Saturday, March 01, 2008 7:28 PM
It sucks that my bank took so damn long. I would have loved to rebirth that car back to some of it's former glory.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Saturday, March 01, 2008 9:00 PM
looks good, sad to see it go, but the GTC is still here...........or is it..

how many hours from the bash are you?

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Saturday, March 01, 2008 9:53 PM
The only thing going away on the GTC is the loan payments

that car stays, I still need a toy to build a take racing

Saturday, March 01, 2008 10:06 PM
i loved that car. and still do. you did a great job on it man. i can only expect more goodness from u

I NEED a 97-99 LD9 engine harness for an auto.PM if u hav info.!!
Sunday, March 02, 2008 12:26 AM
Why you ever stopped building that car is beyond me. I really thought you were gonna go all out built with turbo before it would ever leave you. We all move on I guess , sad to see it go Ryan..

Equipt with Replacement for Displacement components
Sunday, March 02, 2008 8:54 AM
Wow....I loved it. I liked both sets of aftermarket wheels. That was a sexy car.

Sunday, March 02, 2008 8:57 AM
that was one nice looking car man. sad to see it go and best of luck with the other cav

Sunday, March 02, 2008 9:34 AM
Sunday, March 02, 2008 11:03 AM
Really gonna miss that car

Sunday, March 02, 2008 11:19 AM
Always liked this Cavy....

This may very well be one of the best shots of a Cavy I've ever seen...one of my favorite pics!!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Sunday, March 02, 2008 12:57 PM
Darkstars wrote:The only thing going away on the GTC is the loan payments

that car stays, I still need a toy to build a take racing

I guess, but now you have payments again on the Honda Fit that you bought, right?

Silver Cav > Tan Cav & Honda Fit

Stuff For Sale - Classified Ads - Click Here!
Sunday, March 02, 2008 1:16 PM
selling the silver car pays off the silver car, and all but a few hundred of the tan car (which mean season insurance on the GTC, no more year round full coverage), plus the new car is cheaper to insure then silver cav by just a little bit. In the end I spend about $300 less a month.

And yes when you buy a new car you have a payments... if you can't deal with payments you don't buy another car

Sunday, March 02, 2008 1:24 PM
Darkstars wrote:Selling the silver car pays off the silver car, and all but a few hundred of the tan car (which means seasonal insurance on the GTC, no more year round full coverage), plus the new car is cheaper to insure then silver cav by just a little bit. In the end I spend about $300 less a month.

That makes more sense then.

Stuff For Sale - Classified Ads - Click Here!
Sunday, March 02, 2008 1:32 PM
especially when you take into account its a newer, nicer, bigger car that uses less gas

Sunday, March 02, 2008 2:27 PM
Sucks to see her go

Sunday, March 02, 2008 2:37 PM
So what's the new car?

Sunday, March 02, 2008 3:08 PM
Admiral Jedi wrote:So what's the new car?

look in the other car forum../

Sunday, March 02, 2008 3:24 PM
Well the Silver cav is still going to be around only It's in my driveway now as my dd. I put my rims on her today, and picked up a new head unit. i cant stand the factory rear tails on the 03+ so my 95-99 style toyo tails will be on there shortly as well. In the next few weeks I'm going to get ken's(mr kindle) ls rear bumper painted and put on as well so its all one color. I'll keep everyone in the loop.

Sunday, March 02, 2008 3:46 PM
Where/How did you advertise yours? Mine has been in the AutoTrader for the past 8 weeks and all I can get is broke high school kids trying to talk me into selling for $2-3000.

^CLICK ME TO SEE HOW I BUILT EVERYTHING^ How To in Interior Forum
Sunday, March 02, 2008 4:05 PM
god when i joined jbo a few years ago this car was fresh outta paint on the gm kit and was one of the first cars I noticed on this site. Sad to see her go.

Sunday, March 02, 2008 5:43 PM
i met you once(years ago at a small show in milwaukee.) probably dont remember. lol

but ya, sad to see the car go. it seemed like you kept the car clean, and the mods you did were half as$ed thrown on the car.

good luck with the tan cav and keep us updated with it.

I feel your pain on watching the car leave, i sold my z24 to a friend who trailered it back to his house(3 hours away). But you have to do what you have to do. And you , like me have another j body .

and, what kind of rims are those in the last bunch of pictures(the 5 spoke ones)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search