super summit carshow pics - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
super summit carshow pics
Sunday, June 15, 2008 5:58 PM
We battled crazy downpours all the way there but about an hour after we arrived the sun came out and it cleared up. It was a pretty good show besides the @!#$ty judges. We were on the other side of the building and some of the last to be judged and all they did was walk over and stick inspection stickers on our cars. not even a glance at anything. It was a pretty good time tho, talked to a few cavalier guys. onto the pics..

Me and 3 buddies all cruised in together Black RSX, Orange mazda, My 91 Vert and Deejays 04.

My 91..

Deejays..

Random..

Then this thing........

Re: super summit carshow pics
Sunday, June 15, 2008 6:05 PM
car looks great man! from one 2ngen owner to another keep it top down, and enjoy it...
as for the pics of seamless..... the distance shot decent, the upclose shot, shows me a little more time maybe should have been spent on prep of the lexan and the mounting points.

watch for flying sparks!!!
Sunday, June 15, 2008 6:33 PM
boostNbags wrote:car looks great man! from one 2ngen owner to another keep it top down, and enjoy it...
as for the pics of seamless..... the distance shot decent, the upclose shot, shows me a little more time maybe should have been spent on prep of the lexan and the mounting points.

QFT x 2.

Sunday, June 15, 2008 7:18 PM
Love the pics highlighting flaws of the boat !

2nd gen vert looks clean!

Sunday, June 15, 2008 9:30 PM
Damnnn wish I would have known..Im only 40 mins away!!

Sunday, June 15, 2008 9:45 PM
Cars look good, except for the vert...

Sunday, June 15, 2008 10:02 PM
i heard about this the day before it happened, needless to say I couldn't get off work...

looks like fun though...

Sunday, June 15, 2008 11:39 PM
those are the most horrid seats ive ever seen! so mch time to then just put 50 dollar 1984 racing seats in.....

Monday, June 16, 2008 12:33 AM
Joe Schulte wrote:Love the pics highlighting flaws of the boat !

2nd gen vert looks clean!

x2 owned

Monday, June 16, 2008 5:47 PM
lol, thats why i wasnt going to take the car to the show, because of a$$holes like you guys. I have a molding that was made to go around the whole windshield, which was not done by sunday. the car doesnt have as bad of flaws as described.

Monday, June 16, 2008 5:49 PM
and the seats were done profesionaly by a guy that does all lebron james stuff, and even some work for chip foose.

Monday, June 16, 2008 6:54 PM
i simply said that the lexan could use a bit better cut it almost looks wavy.. and where the fibreglass cracked where it was drilled in, that sucks! the seats are stock re upholestered no?

watch for flying sparks!!!
Monday, June 16, 2008 7:11 PM
well i understand the car is bound to have flaws, youre not finished of course,...

The seats look like they just climbed out a 72 chevelle that had a bit of custom work, they look nice, but not nearly a match for the car man, youve done so much that i would hate to see it finished with those in it..

Also you might tyr making a lip the windshield will slide into rather than using screws, or something to cover them, either or, whatevers needed to clean it up

All show, coming soon ---> GO
Tuesday, June 17, 2008 3:05 AM
How did I miss this.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, June 17, 2008 8:39 AM
as far as the windshield and car goes, i showed up to the show around 2pm, knowing i was not entering because the car is not finished. like ive said before i debated on even bringing the car because people would ask, are you going to do something about this ect., and guess what everyone did, it drives me nuts. As far as the windshield being cut nicer, thats fine... but the moldings purpose is to cover the edge of the windshield and to cover the screws. Why i used screws is so that the windshield could move from different tempatures. And the fiberglass did not crack in the picture, its just where the factory pillar interior panel buts up to the windshield post. Primer filled the gap.. and when I ran a screw in it just opened it up, Which again it will not be shown once the molding is put on.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 11:10 AM

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 2:11 PM
SeamlessZ24 wrote:as far as the windshield and car goes, i showed up to the show around 2pm, knowing i was not entering because the car is not finished. like ive said before i debated on even bringing the car because people would ask, are you going to do something about this ect., and guess what everyone did, it drives me nuts. As far as the windshield being cut nicer, thats fine... but the moldings purpose is to cover the edge of the windshield and to cover the screws. Why i used screws is so that the windshield could move from different tempatures. And the fiberglass did not crack in the picture, its just where the factory pillar interior panel buts up to the windshield post. Primer filled the gap.. and when I ran a screw in it just opened it up, Which again it will not be shown once the molding is put on.

I actually really like the look of the car. Ive been following the progress from the start. I must say i was very disappointed when i seen the car in person. It wasnt just the windshield. It was the zebra striped hood, the fenders didnt line up. The tail light gaps were wavey and crooked. You could actually see where the mirrors used to be because it sank in. Also under the drivers side tailight its already starting to crack where you molded it. Im a body guy so i noticed these things right off the bat. I dont think you have anything to worry about because all my experiences at carshows show most judges could give a @!#$ about how well the car is done they just look at what is done..half assed or not.
Tuesday, June 17, 2008 3:35 PM
^^ your right, points are totaled up by whats been done, if you score 10 in all categories, most cases you win, craftsman ship not a factor some cases.

But it sucks that this car gets so much greif. Love that color, would love the car even more to see it finish and time taken to adjust this and fix that. Many many props on the car, more then i could ever imagine doing on my own.

RIP JessE -- You are not forgotten! | FaceBook | G+
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search