285whpcavy update Dyno sheet - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
285whpcavy update Dyno sheet
Wednesday, August 05, 2009 3:12 PM
Hi guys, I haven't posted in good while so I thought I would let you know alittle bit of whats happened to her so far. I was going through some hard times awhile back and was going to part out and sell the car. Put when I started to take it apart i just couldn't do it. So my wife told me to put it back together and let it sit for awhile and clear my head. So I did just that an starting to up grade alittle like the super tech 78lbs dual valve springs and went and retuned and made 367whp and 336wtq on 18psi at full spool and 17.5psi at top end. Well it started to lean out on the top end. The stock wiring could not feed the walbro 255 pump any more! So I ordered the Racetronix fuel pump harness and turned up the boost just alittle bit. We had to retune all of the fuel because the harness made a big deference. It made 401whp and 342wtq on 20psi at full spool and 19psi at top end tuned to 7,000rpm. So last weekend I did the balance shaft delete and man Im glade I did. The bearing area on the balance shaft was starting to turn blue and purple. So after the delete I started the car I could tell right away that it has alittle more vibes. But anyway I put the cav back on the dyno on Tuesday 8-4-09 11:00am to see if I gained anything. Well much to my surprise it made 408whp and 345wtq... Just by doing the balance shaft delete!! And the weather was about the same when it was retuned 2 weeks ago. Very hot and lots of humidity. All of my mods list is in my pro file. Here is a picture of my graph alittle hard to see.

Re: 285whpcavy update Dyno sheet
Wednesday, August 05, 2009 3:19 PM
i think you need to change your sign in name

very impressive man. sounds like there is more room there as well when you get a little better weather.

good job on the car!

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 3:24 PM
Very cool.

Got any vids?

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 3:50 PM
Thanks guys. Sorry No video camera so no vids. If someone that has a camera and wants to make a vid that is fine by me..
Wednesday, August 05, 2009 4:11 PM
if only you werent 4 hours away lol. i would love to come check out your car and watch/vid you putting down some sweet numbers. congrats on a job well done

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 4:11 PM
Very nice, hopefully you find someone who could make a short vid and post it up.

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 4:24 PM
Very Nice can't wait to tune mine.

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 4:43 PM
Looks like skunky's got to get to the dyno...too many eco guys gettin the best of my 348 from last year lol.

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 4:50 PM
Congrats man.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, August 05, 2009 4:52 PM
Yea that 348 is so last year!! LOLO HAHA HEHE
Wednesday, August 05, 2009 5:10 PM
very nice.

its so great so see so many cars getting up there in big numbers around here now.

keep up the good work and get to the track!!

Every time I scream "Release", I mean it, you know it. I feel the day. Black 7.

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 5:16 PM
Skunk - Now With Petey2 wrote:Looks like skunky's got to get to the dyno...too many eco guys gettin the best of my 348 from last year lol.

There is even a M62 guy close to that mark. lol.

Glad you kept the car and improved on it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, August 05, 2009 5:32 PM

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 5:30 PM
Yup...looks like it's time to dyno again...this time I'll be sure to set the bar pretty high lol.

Again great job man. Glad things worked out for ya.

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 5:32 PM
awesome numbers

Does your dyno sheet say "Innovative Motorworks?" That's the shop right there in Carlisle off of Trindle Rd, right? When I used to live out there, I always wanted to stop by. The guys that work there frequent HBGTuned and seem like a great bunch of people.

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 8:12 PM
Wow. Awesome numbers man. So much for 285

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 8:23 PM
Fantastic #'s man... time to update the ol' name.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Wednesday, August 05, 2009 8:24 PM
hmmm, good job man..lo

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 8:58 PM
i can come out and video tape it

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, August 06, 2009 3:51 AM
Thanks guys. And yes AL1A5 that is Innovative Motorworks. They tune alot of cars but mostly hondas. So far my cav has been the first and the last that John has tuned. He uses my HP-tuners for the timing, rev limiter and the R4-tuning for the port fueler.. I have never had the cav to a track before but I would really like to. I will be a little nervous but I think it would be allot of fun..
Thursday, August 06, 2009 4:28 AM
wow very sweet #s

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, August 06, 2009 9:07 AM
NICE numbers man. Not sure if you remember, but you PM'ed me a while back after I got my port fueler all hooked up. It runs great, I'm so happy with it! I noticed that our engine mods are pretty comparable minus the fact that you're running the new pistons, rods, valves and fuel pump/harness. I'm hoping to do the pistons, rods and likely a new pump (I'm not so thrilled to do the pump though) this winter - I'd be ecstatic to even get 350whp, let alone 400+ geez!

But anyways yeah, nice numbers congrats dude. Glad you're sticking with the car and enjoying it

" To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous. "

Thursday, August 06, 2009 9:25 AM
Why are you not so thrilled to do the fuel pump. Its easy to do and your going to need it if you want to hit 350whp. See i told you that you would love the port fueler!! It drives so nice and when ever you want more you got it.... O and if your gonna run the walbro 255 in tank pump you will need the pump harness after 350whp. I say this because the stock wiring can't feed the pump any higher than that..And once you add the wire harness you will have to retune your fuel all over again...So if you can I would do the pump and harness at the same time.
Thursday, August 06, 2009 11:45 AM
man...those numbers are nasty! great job man!

285 is out the window i guess....change that name! lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search