Dirty, rusty, Thule'd, piece of junk - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dirty, rusty, Thule'd, piece of junk
Saturday, December 19, 2009 11:31 AM
Haven't posted in a while, so here is my nasty lil beater..Only major change is the winter wheels, and roof rack. I got the feet and load bars for $20 off craigslist, which if you know rack prices, is a hell of a deal.

I added the fairing and snowboard rack for under $100 bucks, so I pieced it all together.. NOW came a tough decision..

The correct feet and fit kit for the car cost nearly $200..If you know my car, IT only cost $200 total, haha..That being said, and not being able to justify spending as much on a few pieces of metal, as I did on the whole car, A decision was made..

I dropped the headliner, measured twice and marked once, and drilled, Stainless steel grade 8 bolts, with nylock nuts, and 1" washers on the inside, as well as some black silicone, as well as the rubber feet made a super tight seal, and does not leak, what so ever. You can litterally grab the rack with both hands, and rock the car to death, literally. Its not going anywhere.

That paired with the snowboard rack really not having that much leverage, I'm not worried about it much..My biggest thing was it not leaking, and it doesn't.

I'm pretty sure I'll get the hell flamed out of me, but again, I wasn't putting $200 feet, on a $200 car with 160k on the tired old 2.2 engine..Just doesn't make sense anyway you look at it, I won't ever re-sell the car, I always drive them til their time (or the floors rust out).

Love it or Hate it, It works for me

Enjoy!

null

Re: Dirty, rusty, Thule'd, piece of junk
Saturday, December 19, 2009 12:17 PM
i like it,
paint them wheel covers black to match maybe

My car was made with wrenches, Not chopsticks.
Saturday, December 19, 2009 12:24 PM
yea murder it all out. i think if it was lower then id rock the rack. but it does look good. love the eyelids

DOPER.
Saturday, December 19, 2009 2:13 PM
paint em' red. lol

WiGM-Tuners member.

Saturday, December 19, 2009 2:34 PM
That's awesome lol! Roof racks are damn expensive! I've got a Yakima for my Subaru, the type that you can't change attachments on & right now I have a rack for 2 bikes. I'm dying to get kayaks though, but the thought of another rack kills me! We went with this one in the first place because it was way cheaper than the ones that you can change attachments on.

Saturday, December 19, 2009 3:20 PM
ima steal your hood so i dont have to work on mines haha. love the smexiness haha.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search