The GT Cavalier makes it on the dyno... - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The GT Cavalier makes it on the dyno...
Saturday, December 19, 2009 10:15 PM
2001 2200SFI Turbo running GMSC Reflash/HPT

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Xxway2fast4uxX/01%20cavalier/?action=view¤t=100_1511.flv

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Xxway2fast4uxX/01%20cavalier/?action=view¤t=100_1509.flv

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Xxway2fast4uxX/01%20cavalier/?action=view¤t=100_1508.flv

Basically the day was not wasted, I did get some tweaking done on the tune that was simply too dangerous to be doing on the street. However the best numbers I got were skewed. Best of the best being 668ft/lbs and 211hp. Speaking to a few people I have found that there is a possibility of interference being a big issue with the dyno, overall everything the dyno was doing was not adding up and the PC running it being so outdated did not help much. This spring semester I will be taking it out with the Auto club from SIUC for a dyno day in Benton, IL. So some good results will come from that...

More waiting! Had fun though!

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards

Re: The GT Cavalier makes it on the dyno...
Sunday, December 20, 2009 1:19 AM
good stuff man. hopefully next time isnt such a wash. try and keep me posted when all the SIUC people go out, ill try and tag along if i can.

Sunday, December 20, 2009 8:15 AM
I think its got more in it.... The tach interface is what caused for incorrect torque numbers. Also, it does appear that you were locking it in 3rd gear with HPT (if its a 4 spd).... The runs seemed pretty short. Got a graph you can post up?

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Sunday, December 20, 2009 8:17 AM
668ft/lbs? o.O I'm assuming that was a typo? *chuckles* 211hp sounds good to me though
Sunday, December 20, 2009 9:06 AM
lol ^^ that LN2 is a torque beast! its the "diesel" of 4 bangers!

nice results! I cant wait to finish mine!

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Sunday, December 20, 2009 9:37 AM
QWK LN2 (aka ImPhat0260) wrote:I think its got more in it.... The tach interface is what caused for incorrect torque numbers. Also, it does appear that you were locking it in 3rd gear with HPT (if its a 4 spd).... The runs seemed pretty short. Got a graph you can post up?

Yes I'm not positive which runs are which but I believe the three videos were 2nd gear pulls at that point. I started for safety reasons with a couple quick 1st gear pulls to make sure she was not going to shift too bad. 2nd gear pulls followed which is when I got the car consistantly pulling the way it should. By the end of the day I was ready to start 3rd gear pulls but it was getting late and I was getting frustrated with nothing working correctly.

Gary, and everyone else in the area feel free to come on down for the dyno day in the spring. Right now he is starting it at $80 for two pulls but of course if we get a good showing the prices are going to drop.

Ryan, the car definitely has more in her...AFR's are about where they should be but the timing still could use quite a bit of work.

We shall see!

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Sunday, December 20, 2009 4:18 PM
Nice cant wait to see some more accurate numbers! =]

Sunday, December 20, 2009 7:21 PM
QWK LN2 (aka ImPhat0260) wrote:I think its got more in it.... The tach interface is what caused for incorrect torque numbers. Also, it does appear that you were locking it in 3rd gear with HPT (if its a 4 spd).... The runs seemed pretty short. Got a graph you can post up?
I meant to say DOES NOT appear that you were locking it 3rd.... Spell check owned me..

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, January 06, 2010 4:09 PM
I'm watching this! lol

"Hondas are like tampons, every pussy has one!!!"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search