Been a long time...feels good to be back :) - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Been a long time...feels good to be back :)
Friday, March 23, 2012 7:46 PM
Well I haven't been on since I regrettably traded my Cavfire for my Camaro and I am happy to say 3/4 of a year later a miracle has happened. The same day I was trolling craigslist and I thought "I want another Cavalier". So I looked and saw a posting for a fiberglass hood for sale so I curiously checked it out. It only took a second for me to realize it was my old Sunfire and the guy was parting it out! So immediately I called the guy willing to give even both of my testicles to own this car again. Unfortunately after being tossed around three other times the owners werent kind to it. The engine was locked up, there was no starter, the side skirt is knocked off, the exhaust is missing, the fender is dented up, and some of the interior plastics are broken. But I picked it up for dirt cheap and I got my old car back for only $450 here are some before and after pictures and I have huge plans for this second chance at it and I'm never letting it go this time. Needless to say I tore the engine down today to find someone put a water pump on it and set the timing wrong...and the pistons had a fine dinner, all but one of my exhaust valves. Well here are the pics:
Before-

After-

Yeah it saddens me but I see a lot of potential still
Thanks for looking!

Re: Been a long time...feels good to be back :)
Friday, March 23, 2012 8:01 PM
thats pretty sweet. everytime I sell a car, I think to myself, it looks as good now as it ever will, because people that buy a tuned up car, just dont care for them like someone that builds it themselves

Friday, March 23, 2012 8:01 PM
Yep... never selling mine.

Friday, March 23, 2012 8:16 PM
yes i have decided to name her Elanor from Gone in 60 seconds...cause its like my unicorn. Just when I watched it diasappear and I thought it was gone forever I found it by luck. I was so lucky cause the next week he was going to scrap it.
Saturday, March 24, 2012 6:29 AM
I hear that on sellin it, my old sedan is a heap now compared to what it was 2 years ago I wish I could buy it back but it's definatly not worth it, the guy that bought it bought another sedan and swapped all the goodies over so it's not all bad and I did get a couple pieces off it to put in my 04 to keep it somewhat alive lol but good luck bringing it back to life, definatly gonna keep an eye on this tread

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Sunday, March 25, 2012 9:42 AM
I scrapped my first cavy, it was an 87, I regret it to this day.

Sunday, March 25, 2012 11:53 AM
This is why I will never sell the Cav.

I sold my old talon and regret it. The guy upped the boost on his 150 mile drive home and blew the head gasket about half way home. About a month later he ended up rolling it.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Sunday, March 25, 2012 12:02 PM
wow... some dumbass that installed that water pump, eh? ..what is that slathered all over it? grey rtv? 0_o .....wtf?

why in the engine pic you show does it look like it has no trans and its sitting low on the right side?

congrats on getting her back, man. have fun!

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Sunday, March 25, 2012 7:00 PM
if i sold mine id have to export it to another country
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search