Cavguy progress thread - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cavguy progress thread
Thursday, April 05, 2012 2:30 PM
I'm starting a new thread because my last one got way off topic. Ive owned this car going on 8 years now and its been unbelievably good for maintenance and performance. I knew I wanted a J long before I had bought the car. By the time I had the actual car I already had purchased a grill kit, clear corners, MOMO pedals, Integra type R shift knob, sound system and a few other things. No matter who says what I will always love my J and it would be hard to ever stray away. I am a true enthusiast but just touched the tip of the iceberg in the world of J bodies. I'm looking forward to years of more fun with the cav. Now on to the photo whoring. I hope you enjoy the progress of my cavalier and I will update as soon as new mods come! =) Enjoy!

First snaps of my J

Slowly doing tasteful mods

Both my J's

Now by this point I had installed Pacesetter headers and cat-back exhaust and soon after Eibach pro-kit and Tokico blues.

My exterior progress

Installed

Rims I bought off a guy on JBO

Can't wait for my next mod.

Re: Cavguy progress thread
Thursday, April 05, 2012 2:41 PM
looks good man, if its what you like, I personally just dont why everyone like the toyo tails??? o well if you like it thats the most important part, so props!

Thursday, April 05, 2012 2:53 PM
Thanks for the comment, the average bear wouldn't know those tail lights. If your into J's and you spot a set you know its history so its kind of unique in the sense that there are not many around. They are also tasteful and look nice with my red and black exterior. Don't get me wrong a nice set of 95-99 with clear reverse area not fogged I die for!

Thursday, April 05, 2012 4:33 PM
Hopefully paint is your next mod. Good start, but get it painted!

Supercharged 2002 Cavalier Z24
Thursday, April 05, 2012 8:05 PM
What do you have in mind for the paint dept? Make sure whatever bodyshop you choose in your area can match that line on the hood where the carbon meets the paint and blends the clear! Also make sure to specify that you would like the hood "wetsanded with 2000-3000 grit and the buffed smooth so you have NO ridges. I look forward to seeing this project develop! Good luck with it

Thursday, April 05, 2012 8:26 PM
another azncav lol. i like it haha

Thursday, April 05, 2012 9:13 PM
Looking good sir...i like that your keeping it clean and simple

Thursday, April 05, 2012 9:25 PM
looks very nice.. sometimes i am tempted to switch to that front end.
i personally would have done the rims a dark gray or some shades a bit lighter than black. black just doesn't do justice to those rims imo.

Friday, April 06, 2012 5:27 AM
Lookin good

Friday, April 06, 2012 10:37 AM
Haha cavguy eh? Much have read my email lmfao, any ways, you need paint.performance, and send those tails to me lol

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Friday, April 06, 2012 10:43 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions and comments! I have not painted it yet because im keeping it off the road for another month while I collect parts and do miantenance. I've been to a few paint shops but I'm not sure which I will pick, better safe than sorry. I still think the car needs to get on sportlines stat and get a pair of 03+ or IF skirts. I'm also on the hunt for a WW rear lip or a 03+ rear bumper. More progress soon!

Friday, April 06, 2012 10:59 AM
Tthose sides/rear will fit that front better. Keeping that wing? I had that one on my 02 LS but switched to the 02 Z24 wing, I love it. Can't wait to see your progress =]

Sunday, April 08, 2012 10:18 PM
It was such a nice day today I decided to work on the sounds system. I really like how it turned out. Its an Alpine mp3/usb deck with Sirius sat radio receiver.

More coming! CC welcome!

Sunday, April 15, 2012 2:15 PM
Well I was lucky enough this weekend to get my brothers old subs and amp. The amp is a 1600 watt 1 channel class D amp and produces some killer bass. The subs are two 10" sonys, nothing special by any means but they work well and sound good so im satisfied. I still own two 12" Kenwoods but they are retired right now (still work). Heres some shots

And here's the rats nest I have to clean up tomorrow!

Sunday, April 15, 2012 2:26 PM
Also, recently I picked up a pair of Hankook ventus V12 evo for a very good price. Can't wait to test these puppies out!

Sunday, April 15, 2012 2:47 PM
I have the same Alpine in my black Z, and love it to death. I'm an Alpine loyalist after seeing so many people have good luck with them. As for the exterior, I'm not feeling the IF front. It's grown on me over the years, but I think they do better on the base model cars since those bumpers are ugly anyway. Swapping out the Z24 front and sides, in my opinion, is going backwards. But the tails look good against red, orange, and yellow Cavis, so I thumbs up that decision.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Sunday, April 15, 2012 3:28 PM
Thanks for the comment! You think the stock front looks better than the rk? Ok, everyone has an opinion no doubt but I changed it up after 7 years of having a stock bumper. Now I need to changed the sides and rear so the kit flows better. In my opinion I'm taking a step in another direction that I'm really starting to like.

Sunday, April 15, 2012 4:08 PM
I can see wanting something different after that many years, but in my head, I miss my red Z24 to death and thinking back, I wouldn't change a thing ground effects-wise. Yes, I think the 95-99 Z24 bumper looks better than the IF bumper, but it's definitely an improvement over the base bumpers, or if used as part of a 95-99 front end swap on an 03+ car. Or if you had the skirts and rear, it'd look really good on a sedan. There was a guy in Philly who had a sedan with the full IF kit, and a boosted LD9 under the hood. That was the car that got me liking the IF in the first place.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Sunday, April 15, 2012 7:46 PM
Do you live in grand rapids? i swear i saw your red cavalier today at a meijers parking lot.
Monday, April 16, 2012 1:49 PM
yeah paint and it'll come together really nice, good job and looks clean!

only question, how's she run with those headers on there?

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Wednesday, April 18, 2012 12:14 AM
I live in ottawa so that wasnt me in grand rapids sorry. If you do see him again snap a picture id like to see this ride. The headers were probably the best performance part thus far. Its 4-1 but the only problem is the bolts like to loosen up at the DP. other than that its about 5-6 years old, not armor coat and still in great shape! Thanks for the comments guys!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 1:18 AM
May have been me in gr, progress looks good

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 8:10 PM
Yea i think it was you at miejer i had the silver cavalier to your right i have a pic i took of your car cause i liked your tails but idk how to post a pic lol.
Friday, April 27, 2012 11:30 AM
bumper hood headlights cool
Friday, April 27, 2012 11:47 AM
I like the progress. It'll look a million times better when you get that bumper painted ofc as already mentioned.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search