A little wreck; new interior! - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
A little wreck; new interior!
Wednesday, June 27, 2012 4:36 PM
Unfortunately, the process of my car stopped when someone ran into me (driver's side door) and now it is a battle of the insurance. I guess it was a blessing since now I replaced the door and shaved it except the keyhole (the way I get into the door without having door poppers). Also finished the dash... so here goes...

a better view of the dash without the dash pad. Went with pink vinyl. Mine was cracked in 4 different areas.

Evo-TimeCustoms.com

Re: A little wreck; new interior!
Wednesday, June 27, 2012 4:56 PM
Geezus thats pink...

Looks like quality work though
Wednesday, June 27, 2012 6:28 PM
Thanks! My husband owns his own shop and I'm sure he's going to hate riding around with me and/or driving my car now lol.

It's actually a light pink. The photos make it look hot pink. I wanted something subtle...with sparkles lol. I tried the whole red/yellow and got tired of that real quick in 2002. We are redoing the exterior paint in the next year or so. It will be black and a deep yellow/gold color with a pink separating the colors...

Evo-TimeCustoms.com
Wednesday, June 27, 2012 6:34 PM
Interesting. The work definitely looks good.

The switch to vinyl on the dash top is a good move. I've never been a fan of fully painted dashes.
Are you doing the seats over, too?

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 6:52 PM
approved

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, June 28, 2012 5:41 AM
I figured may as well go all out =)

I'm redoing seats as well. Next will be door panels though. I took out my backseat completely and have a huge box which needs to be redone. Something smaller and not just a box. I want to incorporate my amp with it somehow too... So I'm uncertain on seats until I figure the backseat part out.

I still need rear quarter panels or at least body work to either side and a new rear bumper and possibly a new front one. I'm nervous about putting a body kit on it. Not sure if I'm a good enough driver lol. I hope to have my whole car in primer before doing the seats and headliner. Rest of the interior is finished so in due time....

Evo-TimeCustoms.com
Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:06 AM
Looks really good..Just my two cents I always kinda thought that pink and black looked great together it just makes everything stand out so good.. Great job and keep up the good work!!
Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:19 AM
pink and yellow pink and yellow pink and yellow pink and yellow, uh huh ya'll know what it is!!!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, June 28, 2012 8:32 AM
^^^..lmao your crazy az shyt bro..hahahahaha
Thursday, June 28, 2012 11:29 AM
Thanks... Not bad for a chick. I wanted something that complimented the yellow.

Evo-TimeCustoms.com
Thursday, June 28, 2012 6:30 PM
Wow that looks so sweet How did you get it to finish so well? and how many coat did it take ? What paint kind of paint did you use?

Friday, June 29, 2012 5:35 AM
A lot of time and patience. Used the best primer for the dash pad (not the spray can- used that on the panel). We glued in the airbag part and the small air vents. Then primer, sand. Repeat about 4 times then wet sanded until I had no finger tips left with different grit paper. Then after painting my husband buffed the pieces out. As far as paint - he does custom paint so he came up with the pink. The black is factory.

Facebook.com/EvoTimeCustoms

Hope this helps.

Evo-TimeCustoms.com
Friday, June 29, 2012 1:41 PM
How did you do the vinyl across the top of the dash?
Friday, June 29, 2012 4:34 PM
Went to a fabric store and bought 2 yards of it. pretty simple- time consuming though.

Evo-TimeCustoms.com
Friday, June 29, 2012 10:29 PM
id wreck too if i had that much glare off the dash blinding my sight through the windshield!

LOL not my style nor taste but whatever floats your boat!

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Saturday, June 30, 2012 1:22 AM
Ha. Actually I personally see no difference. I think it's time To clean my windshield. Lol

I like the fiberglass look. Spraying the dash pad was too simple and something I usually see. And all My wrecks were prior to my dash lol. it only took 3 days to start and complete it. It's amazing how fast it went compared to the rest I my interior after facing my fear of the da! Lol

I'm not sure if "shaved" is the correct word but I no longer have the lighter by the steering wheel. Mine never worked so took it out and the left side vent. Made everything smooth. To me, it's crazy how drastic the subtle changes makes it look. Little by little she will get done...,

Evo-TimeCustoms.com
Saturday, June 30, 2012 11:59 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:id wreck too if i had that much glare off the dash blinding my sight through the windshield!

Thats why I got rid of mine.. It looked b!tch in the car, but blinded the sh!t out of you....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, June 30, 2012 3:30 PM
Honestly, it's not that bad and I live in Texas. Everyone said the same thing which Is why I put towels in my car "just in case." I'm not going for a fast car- just a nice clean one and this is the style i like. And the only thing nice about my car is my interior. Lol. I would like a body kit- but I don't want to order them online. So I am not sure what I'm goin to do for the body besides shaving the handles, antenna and possibly lights as well as doing some metal work.

Evo-TimeCustoms.com
Saturday, June 30, 2012 4:20 PM
lol how can it not be that bad? just amoral on my dash glares up to the w/s.

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Saturday, June 30, 2012 4:36 PM
It's not that bad! I promise!!! I haven't driven early morning or when the sun is going down so maybe then. I still blame it on my dirty windshield. I tried cleaning it today and took a few new photos and the windshield still looks bad. I'm not complaining though. It's nice to drive around with a pretty dash and look at all my hard work lol. Just when the hubby drives her and we get all the weird looks.... hahahah

Evo-TimeCustoms.com
Saturday, June 30, 2012 8:18 PM
I had the upper dash trim painted in my 98 (uncracked FTW) and even just that alone was blinding. That's why in the current Z, I'm going with micro-suede covering on the upper pad. If you can drive around without the glare being issues, many kudos to you lol.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance

Saturday, June 30, 2012 10:38 PM
Hey jdc were in tx are yall

Modding my j since I found the org
Sunday, July 01, 2012 2:51 AM
Lol Evan! I'm not sure why it's not that bad for me. I do believe the horrible windshield is saving me from the sun! But I spent an hour cleaning the windshield.

And we are located in DFW.

Evo-TimeCustoms.com
Sunday, July 01, 2012 7:15 AM
No kidding, im in allen north of plano, yall should come to the gm meet sometime

Sunday, July 01, 2012 7:55 AM
There are afew guys with js around here its just hard getting em to come out, i might be hitting your husband up for some work if i decide to keep the j couple more years

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search