2000 Cav 2.2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2000 Cav 2.2
Saturday, March 14, 2015 7:37 PM
I've been a member lurking on and off for the past couple years, usually searching noob questions and hints about ways to fix my car. Today was a massive increase in my happiness with my choice in a long while after repairing some newly found electrical wire damage.

I've put a lot of time in troubleshooting and ultimately I was not thinking clearly when I did or down the correct lines I should of been. I bought this car off someone who had I think installed an after market alarm, different external rear brake lights and a few other mods that were removed before I bought it. Since than it has been a huge headache till today.

My girl needing TLC pass side

Drivers side

Front end

Repairs made shortly after buying

What I found and fixed today

I would love now, since the above fixes have put my car into a 100% operational status for the first time in over 2 years to get the trunk and doors weather sealed along with repairing all body damage that currently exists.

Re: 2000 Cav 2.2
Wednesday, March 18, 2015 3:47 AM
Those wiring issues make me want to throw up. Nice job getting it all repaired. I'd prefer soldering those connections instead of butt connectors but I guess if a problem arises you'll know where to look.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, March 18, 2015 6:14 AM
Welcome to the forum.

That's good you got that mess sorted!

Sunday, March 22, 2015 3:54 PM
Thank you!

I agree, have been in the process of redoing those splices with solder and heat tube wrapping them. Have also considered using liquid tape in areas where I know it will get wet. Going to wrap the lower harness with heat tape than put a shroud of convoluted tubing on it as well.

I love having my baby running so smoothly now. Of course now that I can start accurately checking problem areas the only big one I have now is the fuel tank level sensor. Which I've read up on it quite a bit.

I've finally got started at putting my dash back together and realized the front cover plate was too brittle and it pretty much shattered when I put a little pressure on it.

She's a bit dirty, going to get a full detailing shortly.

I think I like my current configuration for the time being though I give though to doing a custom dash plate for the radio area.

40$ HID Kit for the time being.

Next stop is removing the front bumper, cleaning/sanding it down and getting it repainted.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search