2002 Indigo Blue LSS Freshly Painted - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2002 Indigo Blue LSS Freshly Painted
Friday, June 10, 2016 6:30 AM
Did a long build thread on the maintenence and repair section of the forum (link in signature) but the forum is obviously dying at this point so all the goodness is hidden deep in that thread. Figured this would be the best place to post the final outcome pictures. Shaved the trunk key and fully debadged when it was painted. She's steadily aproaching 200k, and on the original clutch (talk about borrowed time), has a RalcoRZ short shifter, custom CAI, and 20% tints all around w/ a 5% visor. Otherwise bone stock and still sees 30mpg regularly. That's why I've kept this car around so long Enjoy.

2002 Blue LS Sport Coupe 5-speed
My Paint Restoration Project --> http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=11&i=170933&t=170933

Re: 2002 Indigo Blue LSS Freshly Painted
Friday, June 10, 2016 11:21 AM
gorgeous!

Building it one piece at a time
Friday, June 10, 2016 5:30 PM
Looks new! Well done!

Sunday, June 12, 2016 9:01 PM
Simple clean look and it does look Very nice!!

Monday, June 13, 2016 6:39 AM
Thanks guys. It was one hell of a project and an extensive learning experience.

My Paint Restoration Project --> http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=11&i=170933&t=170933

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 7:31 PM
looks nice!

Thursday, August 11, 2016 8:53 AM
Thank you!! Sad to say I haven't even washed the car since these pictures.

Monday, September 26, 2016 6:20 PM
Looks really good. I looked back at the pictures to see what I would change.....but only thing is a lower suspension. Nice looking Cavalier. What's the interior look like?

GMR has got nothing on this
Tuesday, October 11, 2016 8:25 AM
DOHC_tuner wrote:Looks really good. I looked back at the pictures to see what I would change.....but only thing is a lower suspension. Nice looking Cavalier. What's the interior look like?

Thank you. I agree completely, but it's my DD and the front lip is literally 3/4 of an inch from scraping curbs and parking stops. It's so easy to pull up close, I would rip that front lip right off if I lowered it. I'm also currently trying to save for a new car (likely Subaru WRX) so I'm not puting another dime in this car other than oil changes and gas. She's got 208k on it now so I'm just going to drive it as is for the rest of it's life. Might give it to my little brother for his first car once he gets his license.

Interior is 90% stock. Has a Ralco RZ shortshifter with a aluminum polished knob, which is now faded and not near as shiny as it once was. But surprisingly it's still extremely tight and makes for nice short, crisp shifts which is a must for me for a DD. About 5 years ago I wrapped the A-pillars, door lock switches, rear shelf, and window switches on center console with blue suede. Same as the shift knob, they were all beautiful and soft when installed but the sun has beaten on them for some years now and the color has faded. Maybe I'll re-wrap them again one day. I made a custom shift boot with the same material, never got around to making a new e-brake boot though. I also covered the dash with a pre-cut dash cover made of blue carpet. I needed soemthing to hide all the cracks in the trim that borders the windshield. Added some black and red Chevrolet Racing floormats to finish it off. Decorations aside I have an all Kenwood sound system with a custom switch panel for the footwell illumination (blue LEDs), power to a CB Radio that I use for the PA function (speaker under the front bumper), and a radar detector. She's got a 12" Kendwood shallow-mount subwoofer with a 1000W amp in the trunk as well. Makes good beats I'll take some pics and post them up soon.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 11:23 AM
best color

I miss my Cavalier, even if it made 100 hp on a cold day and had more suspension then it deserved.
Thursday, October 13, 2016 4:27 PM
Wow. I really miss my Indigo Blue 01'. Your paint job and chrome rims looks so good together. Very nice.

Monday, February 27, 2017 5:52 AM
It looks great! I like that shade of blue.
Tuesday, June 20, 2017 7:36 PM
She is so beautiful... :')
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search