Good tires?? - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Good tires??
Monday, January 31, 2005 7:22 PM
Sorry i dont know a whole lot about tires but if you guys could let me know of some good tires, that would be great. I'm not going to be racing really so i dont care tooo much about the performance, more about looks. Also i live in alabama so im not worried about ice much at all, therefore i dont need any good tires for that.. just some nice looking low-profile tires.. for 18" rims

thanks

Re: Good tires??
Monday, January 31, 2005 7:31 PM
best bet would be to ask in the wheel & tire forum. thats what its there for

I NEED AN 03-05 SUNFIRE FRONT END. ANY PIECE. EMAIL ME

www.cardomain.com/id/eazy716
Monday, January 31, 2005 8:06 PM
yeah well i figured it was a noobish question so i asked here just so nobody would say anything about it..err haha oh well
Thursday, February 10, 2005 11:10 PM
TOYO

New Picture comming this summer.
Saturday, February 12, 2005 7:29 AM
dunlop are sticky as hell

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

UNLIMITED streaming online movies
Saturday, February 12, 2005 8:31 AM
Michelins!

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Saturday, February 12, 2005 9:45 AM
Champiro and Kumho

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Saturday, February 12, 2005 6:22 PM
My brother has a set of Hankook Ventus HR-IIs on 17" rims on his GT, and they seem to be quite decent. He's happy with the performance, and I have to admit that the ride is quite acceptable too (not too harsh). They are also wearing quite well - three summers so far and still about 50% tread left. The price is also much more reasonable than that from some of the "bigger" names.

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/2002sunfiresl/Modified%20sunfire2.jpg
Sunday, February 13, 2005 7:24 AM
anything that isnt good year

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, February 13, 2005 4:29 PM
if you live in a rainy/snowy area those hankook hr-II (aka hankook 405) are great in the wet.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Sunday, February 13, 2005 7:18 PM
i have NordicIceTraks on the rear which is a medium grade (get the high speed rated) soft porous rubber winter snow and ice tire. Rear prevents fishtailing on corners year round in even the worst wet and ice conditions. They're relatively affordable, and readily available at Crappy Tire, Active Green and Ross, Firestone etc. I've had them on for almost 2 years with zero tread wear. If you put them on the front they're bear after 2 months of warm weather. My fronts are Affinitys which are relatively affordable. (again high speed rated) they have a firm wall, like the originals on sunfires, so handle very well especially on corners. They have great traction from zero with about a 2 second screech, and usually chirp into 2nd if u shift yourself (automatic). These are affordable tires, but dont underestimate the quality of the originals (unfortunately they arnt cheap). Hope this helps

Monday, February 14, 2005 9:37 AM
BFG traction T/A'a are pretty good
Monday, February 14, 2005 2:30 PM
are GoodYear Eagle F1 GS-D3's any good? (225/40/18)
Monday, February 14, 2005 2:42 PM
those are whats on the vette so obviously good dry traction and crappy in everything else

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, February 14, 2005 3:55 PM
lol aight...thanks
Monday, February 14, 2005 6:29 PM
Nick Bibeault wrote:BFG traction T/A'a are pretty good

YAY!!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search