Who likes j-bodys more canada or the states - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Who likes j-bodys more canada or the states
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 3:39 PM
what i notice is there is more canadain site for the j-bodys then here in the states. is it just me or is it that canada has more of a following. just for the record i don't have any thing aganst canada.

Re: Who likes j-bodys more canada or the states
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 4:11 PM
Well remember how big the import scene is these days...For Canada, J's are imports, so I'd assume maybe they'd be bigger there.

Who knows though.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 4:17 PM
i go to canada every summer and saw j-body on the lots. there is an canadain GM. some camaros and montes where bulit in canada. but i maybe wrong

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 4:24 PM
I def. think Canada loves them more. Especially considering 4 door Sunfire continued to be produce even after they stopped in the states

"Official Jewish J-Body"
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 5:30 PM
I think canada does its loaded with them up there

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 5:34 PM
DizaCav (James) wrote:Well remember how big the import scene is these days...For Canada, J's are imports, so I'd assume maybe they'd be bigger there.

Who knows though.

lmao..tell that to the import owners around here, if it's from North America then it's domestic end of story.

I think they are just more popular here. Literally every third car on the road is a j-body.

Quoth the Raven 'Nevermore
raven@accesswave.ca
Raven Autosports
55 McQuade Lake Cres,
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
(902) 850-3330
10.82@132
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 5:42 PM
are canadains better at finding good things out. for exsample the beatles where big in canada before the states would even play them. this maybe true for cars too

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 6:09 PM
Gas prices are much higher here, and have been for a long time. Partly because of that, and the fact that many of us Canadians are simply more frugal than our American neighbours, leads many of us to purchase smaller, more practical cars.
For example, my car, a 2002 Sunfire SL was (to my knowledge) a package never offered in the U.S. My car has the basic 2200 engine, 5-speed, NO air conditioning (wasn't even an option that year on the SL, you had to get a SLX), 14" steel wheels, and the uplevel CD player with RDS (the only option my car has). There's no power windows or locks or mirrors, no tilt wheel, and no cruise either. Just plain, basic transportation.
The wheels in the photo are from my brother's GT. I run those in the summer.
As for being "imports" - no. If you judged them as "import" or not depending on its country of manufacture, I'm sure that many J-bodies would classify as imports in the U.S. - as some were assembled in Mexico. If your VIN starts with a "3", then it's Mexican built. Most J-bodies I see here are split about 50-50 (American or Mexican build). Also, many "imports" would then be classified as "domestic" - Toyota Corolla for example.
In my city we used to have 3 GM plants - now only two are in operation. We really aren't much different here, but you'll certainly notice that there are a lot more small cars and minivans on our roads than in the U.S.A.

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/2002sunfiresl/Modified%20sunfire2.jpg
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 6:45 PM
i must say that your money is a lot prettier. and i love the loony. i happen to like canada because they are more focus on the postive, mainly in the media. on cbc i heard more about the states then cbs, or nbc would cover about canada. so yah canada

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 8:34 PM
I admite I do see a fair bit of J-bodies here in Canada ut there not all tuners, What we really see a lot of here and im sure is the same in the states, is Hondas...Civics si general, theres probably like 5 civics to every 1 cavalier.

Dont forget there is a lot more to be noticed in the states, extreamly greater population, value of dollar year round warmer climate in a bunch of places and cars that are not even road leagal or built here,,,,,F50, EVO8, Skyline ect. i think with just those things said you would probaby notice better cars more often making J's less noticable.......my 2 cents

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 8:41 PM
it is not that i don't see them, they r everywhere. it is just the only site that had a body kit for my 92 cav conv was a canadain one. hell if it wasn't for these sites i didn't the cav would be as respected. not that it is that much now. just a though.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search