Muffler ? - Page 2 - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Muffler ?
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 3:43 PM
Dan snobrdrdan wrote:Yeah I know a cat-back is the way to go (performance wise), but I'm not gonna blow $300 on the RK Sport or $600 on a Borla. It'll be louder than what I'm looking for anyways with the bigger piping.

I think I'm just gonna spend $110 for a Borla muffler & a polished tip and get that installed. I just want it a little bit louder.
I guess I'm just going for sound...not performance. The car is never gonna be fast....unless I turbo or supercharge it....and that ain't happening.

Is a Offset IN/Center OUT the type of muffler I need though?? Just wanted to make sure.

Why don't you just buy a polished tip, and take it to a good exhaust shop and tell them you want a 2 1/4 catback setup with a turbo muffler. They should do it for not much more than what you are gonna pay for the Borla muffler alone. At least around here that's the way it is. One of my friends got a catback on his for $150.00, and that included the muffler and tailpipe.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 3:57 PM
I'm in southeast Michigan here.
They like to overcharge at the local muffler shops, and not too many "peformance shops" around.

Yeah I guess I'll go get some quotes then and have some cash in hand.

What size piping is the Ecotec exhaust? Go with 2.25" I assume?
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 4:00 PM
Godsspeed wrote:would you be interested in selling your stock muffler???

ive got an aftermarket, but and want to switch back to stock... and i really like the 03's.
i'll trade ya if you want!!! my muffler isnt a name brand, but its got a nice sound to it!! the only pics i have are not close ups....

got any pics of yours... so i know its the one im after??

It's a '03 LS Sport (stock) muffler with a polished tip at the end. That what you're looking for?
I don't have any pics of the rear of my car.

It'll be at least a week until I get a new exhaust put on, but if you can hang on...I'll sell it to you cheap.

Email me: snobrdrdan@aol.com
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 5:44 PM
2 1/4" is a good size for n/a. but if you are not looking for performance and want to keep it from being to loud you could try 2" pipe. It will probably be exactly what you ar looking for.

New sig in the works
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 6:31 PM
Larry wrote:2 1/4" is a good size for n/a. but if you are not looking for performance and want to keep it from being to loud you could try 2" pipe. It will probably be exactly what you ar looking for.

But what size is the piping already??
I thought it at least had 2" pipe.
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 6:41 PM
^ i thought it was a little smaller. i could be wrong and probably am. Maybe i was thinking of those tiny civic pipes

New sig in the works
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 7:46 PM
does it look like these...
'

how much are you callin cheap???

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 10:11 PM
Godsspeed wrote:
how much are you callin cheap???

Yes sir...that's the muffler.
Where are you located?

Cheap = $50 SHIPPED
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search