engine swap - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
engine swap
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 5:11 PM
OK now I know this is probably a repost but I did search and I came up empty sooo...I jus need to ask a few questions. I wanna swap an eco into my 2002 cav with the 2200. What parts will i need and what transmission will i need (5 spd of course) to get this thing to work. Stuff like wiring harness whatever I need to know EVERYTHING I dont want to be in the middle of this to find out i need something else. Any help is appreciated.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Re: engine swap
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 5:14 PM
there is info on this I think in the 3rd gen forum.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 5:26 PM
you obviously didnt search all the forums or the right one cuz i know there were at least 2 different right ups on that swap

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 5:28 PM
i must be searchin wrong cuz i checked general newbies and 3rd gen all i could find was a northstar swap and a old 2.4 for a new 2.4 could you point me in the right direction?

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Friday, April 22, 2005 6:42 AM
Took me 30 seconds to find this...

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=30&i=20455&t=20367#20455

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search