question about performance chips for 02 sunfire - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
question about performance chips for 02 sunfire
Tuesday, April 19, 2005 9:40 PM
I've looked on here, but I can't find anything that helps me. That could be because I know nothing about cars, except driving them.

I want more speed out of my 2002 Sunfire (2.2L, 4 cyl.). Someone said to look into performance chips, but I don't even know where to start. First of all, is that my best option, or is there a better way to do it? And if it's the best way, could someone point me in the right direction where I could get more information on it (preferably that a car-dummy like me could understand).

Thanks,
Nicole

Re: question about performance chips for 02 sunfire
Tuesday, April 19, 2005 9:49 PM
There are none, so you really won't find any. Start elsewhere, like the FAQ in the performance forum for ideas.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Re: question about performance chips for 02 sunfire
Tuesday, April 19, 2005 10:10 PM
most start with intake and a crappy sounding muffler.
but like shifted said, go into the performance forum and read the FAQ there.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Re: question about performance chips for 02 sunfir
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 12:51 PM
there are scams on ebay and such where people sell "performance chips" for our cars. they're just cheap resistors, and can eventually really screw up the car.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 4:18 PM
Because of the computers in our cars you can't actually chip them. Your best bet for beginner mods are intake, and exhaust. Also maybe think about some suspensions mods, they don't make your car go any faster, but they make it handle way better. But definatley read the Performance FAQ lots of good stuff in there.
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 5:35 PM
EBAY.... main center for cheap stuff, avoid the 'resistors' if you really wanna "trick" the computer like they claim jus relocate your IAT sensor in the FAQS

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Friday, April 22, 2005 9:24 AM
after adding a turbo, do i need to have my car reprogramed or will it adjust to the extra air? thanks

mmmmmmmmmmm.....beer
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search