2001 Cavalier - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2001 Cavalier
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 5:19 PM
I'm soon to be the new owner of a 2001 Cavalier

2001 Cavalier Base
Automatic Transmission
39,000 Miles
AM/FM Stereo

Buying it from a family friend who owns a car dealership, he told me about it after he got it in, 4500 dollars and the problem it had was someone keyed the hood really good, he took it as a trade in and replaced the hood. Now my problem is that i want to buy a new chevrolet emblem to put on the hood of the cavalier but want it to be placed just perfect so what should i do?

Oh yeah and here's the list of things i'm going to purchase after i get the car.

1 - New Chevy Hood Emblem
2 - Front License Plate Bracket
3 - Replacement Owners Manual (Orig Lost)
4 - Two extra GM Key Blanks.

Eventually:

1 - New Alpine Headunit

So what do you think? Taking out a 5K loan to pay for it (first car) 4500 for the car, the rest to cover tax, title, license.

Re: 2001 Cavalier
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 5:22 PM
welcome. stick around a bit, find out some really fun things that you can do with it and enjoy the addiction.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 5:32 PM
lemme start off by saying welcome to the .org and welcome to meeting new peepz and welcome to
cannon fodder wrote:the addiction.

and also that if you still plan on modding your car paint body kit etc etc you might not wanna pay for an emblem in which case it might end up comin off anyways but, whatever you wanna do just be mindful of the future.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 7:20 PM
welcome to the Org

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 7:40 PM
i dont so what should i do?
Thursday, April 21, 2005 9:41 AM
Tint, drop, rims.

Sold the Z24
Thursday, April 21, 2005 9:44 AM
Brock C wrote:Now my problem is that i want to buy a new chevrolet emblem to put on the hood of the cavalier but want it to be placed just perfect so what should i do?
quote]

This is the question.
Thursday, April 21, 2005 11:09 AM
find another cavy and measure the distance above, below, and on either side of the emblem in relation to the hood.

as far as getting an emblem, i have all mine if you want them, also RKSport has some pretty nice ones (carbon fiber, different colors, etc.) If i were you, however, i would just de-badge the whole car, it will look alot cleaner. Just my opinion though
Friday, April 22, 2005 11:40 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^66 exaclty my thoughts.....dont waste yer money on an emplem....we all know what kinda car it is its not like they pay you to advertise it for em

Not unintentionally accelerating since 2009!!!!

Friday, April 22, 2005 12:12 PM
Brock C wrote:i dont so what should i do?

you are going to have to decide that for yourself. most start with an intake and a muffler

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Friday, April 22, 2005 12:26 PM
This is slightly off the subject, but about emblems. I had a wild idea about a hood emblem. Ever seen the old cartoon Dungeons & Dragons? I thought of getting the cavalier (guy with the magic shield) airbrushed on the hood. Off the wall idea, not gonna do it, but thought would be neat.

Friday, April 22, 2005 4:59 PM
i have a friend who put his old emblem in the dash. he cut out a spot so it would be flush and painted the inside of it black(instead of the stock blue so it would match the dash) it looks really nice and its not that hard to do.

or if you really want to advertise for chevy, you could make a neclace out of, that'd be sweet to. lol
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search