buzzing sound (not tranny) - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
buzzing sound (not tranny)
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 3:35 PM
i dont think its the tranny anyway...but i get a buzzing sound when i push my gas pedal down about halfway...it started after i put my new wheels on this weekend i went from 14s to 17s would that be the problem...when im in neutral and the clutch is out its not as loud, but when im in gears its really noticeable it sounds horrible.....help me jbo

ZeRo
2001 Chevy Cavalier

Re: buzzing sound (not tranny)
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 7:07 AM
on second thought it might be the tranny it defenitly sounds like something mechanical but im not sure...help me

ZeRo
2001 Chevy Cavalier
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 9:45 AM
found this.....might be your problem

Engine/Transmission Whine/buzz at 2800-3200 RPM (Replace Heater Inlet Hose) #99-01-38-003

with 2.2L Engine (VIN 4 - RPO LN2)

Condition
Some customers may comment on a whine/buzz from the engine/transmission at 2800-3200 RPM.

Cause
The production released heater inlet hose has an internal coolant flow restrictor. The flow of the coolant through the restrictor may induce a whine. In some cases the flow restrictor may migrate and come in contact with the heater core inlet tube. If the restrictor comes in contact with the heater core inlet pipe the whine/buzz may become audible within the passenger compartment of the vehicle.

Correction
Replace the heater inlet hose (P/N 22615693). Use the procedure found in the HVAC section of the Service Manual. The new part has a stainless steel clamp over the hose under the insulator where the flow restrictor is positioned. If the clamp is missing on the hose, do not use. All parts currently in GMSPO stock are of the new style.

Parts Information
Part Number
Description

Hose, Heater Inlet

Parts are currently available from GMSPO.

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence you tried!
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 11:58 AM
thanks alot, how big of a job would that be? ill check it out...

ZeRo
2001 Chevy Cavalier
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 12:58 PM
not sure how...never had to do one, but it posts that it is only a 0.9 hour job

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence you tried!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search