researching my future project car - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
researching my future project car
Saturday, October 29, 2005 11:03 PM
feel free to yell at me and call me stupid for this. i like that this exact forum exists, btw. first of, introduction. i currently have a 96 grand prix special edition 3.4X, an 86 camaro (350 swap), and 79 blazer (TBI 350 swap). anyway, i am researching my future project car. i want to take a first gen cavailier, swap in a 2.3 quad 4 and 284 5-speed. i know the quad is possible, but how about the exact tranny. i'm not looking for anyone to explain all the details to me (although that would be great), but to point me to some threads or other literature i can start to read up on. btw, this will be mostly a track car. i'm tired of turbo hondas and the like. i know the q4 is an awesome engine (one of the first, if not the first performance 4-bangers). why a 1st gen cavi? i like the looks of them (although not as much as a 94 Z24) and they are super light weight (2300# supposedly). i also have thought about a lemans (1800# supposedly), but would only want a gse and those are about impossible to find. the other lemans and nova's are just ugly as sin (not that the gse's are beauty queens either). any help will be greatly appreciated. also, anyone here swap the new ecotec s/c engine into anything yet? i know L67's will fit in some j's, but will they fit in first gen cavi's? thanks again.

Re: researching my future project car
Sunday, October 30, 2005 1:34 AM
Paul Minchhoff wrote:feel free to yell at me and call me stupid for this. i like that this exact forum exists, btw. first of, introduction. i currently have a 96 grand prix special edition 3.4X, an 86 camaro (350 swap), and 79 blazer (TBI 350 swap). anyway, i am researching my future project car. i want to take a first gen cavailier, swap in a 2.3 quad 4 and 284 5-speed. i know the quad is possible, but how about the exact tranny. i'm not looking for anyone to explain all the details to me (although that would be great), but to point me to some threads or other literature i can start to read up on. btw, this will be mostly a track car. i'm tired of turbo hondas and the like. i know the q4 is an awesome engine (one of the first, if not the first performance 4-bangers). why a 1st gen cavi? i like the looks of them (although not as much as a 94 Z24) and they are super light weight (2300# supposedly). i also have thought about a lemans (1800# supposedly), but would only want a gse and those are about impossible to find. the other lemans and nova's are just ugly as sin (not that the gse's are beauty queens either). any help will be greatly appreciated. also, anyone here swap the new ecotec s/c engine into anything yet? i know L67's will fit in some j's, but will they fit in first gen cavi's? thanks again.
maybe better off going to v6z24.com the have 1st and 2nd gen cavalier there

Re: researching my future project car
Sunday, October 30, 2005 10:45 AM
try posting this in the 1st gen fourm.

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search