New Guy Here - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Guy Here
Monday, February 01, 2010 9:09 AM
Hello

I creep on this site from time to time, so I figured it was time to sign up. My name is Adam and I drive an 05 Ion Sedan. I've been on the JCO for a while. Dunno what else to say. Heres the car

That was last march. The car WAS on air ride, but I have been working on converting everything to hydraulics. More drop/more lift. The front should go down another 2" and the back maybe 1". Would have been more but the tire hits the rear door. So far it has custom front struts and custom rear suspension (new swing arm and cylinder location) It should be neat when finished. I wish I could lay the bumpers, but I don't have the tools/time to tub the doors and what not.

I would post more of the hydro build, but I'd rather wait until it is finished (6-8 weeks)

Re: New Guy Here
Monday, February 01, 2010 1:03 PM
How does the unibody do with hydros?

Monday, February 01, 2010 4:39 PM
I can't speak from experience yet as I am still in the progress of installing them (the pic above was air ride) but the company I purchased the majority of the product from and has been advising on the builds focus on non hopper style cars. They have done civics, an impala, mercedies, chargers, magnums, 300s etc. so the kit is designed to be more of an air ride substitute. Again not 100% sure from personal experience, but I will know once it is done.

PS: the company has also done a cavi (before they were a company)
Monday, February 01, 2010 6:17 PM
Ah ok I thought you meant like hopper style. Im interested to see how this turns out.

Monday, February 01, 2010 8:44 PM
clean looking car. any engine/interior mods?

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 1:03 PM
As for engine I have a Weapon R WAI, LSJ Header/DP and Full Exhaust.
Interior is just some painted pieces, Neons under the dash/in trunk, Wrapped Headliner/Pillars(thats going to be changed). The plans are to wrap the pillars and headliner again and do the door inserts, either Ion RL or Cobalt SS front and rear seats.
Stereo is Panasonic flip out monitor, Front Speakers (I can't remember the brand right now, but better then my old type Rs), Alpine type S rears, Alpine F-345 Amp on fronts, Alpine MRV-1005 Amp on 2 12" Type Rs. The subs may change depending on room after the hydro install is finished.

I also have a few cans of paint for the out side, a Honda blue and a GM black and some blue ice pearl. The plan is to two tone it black top, blue bottom with pearl in everything and then get it pin stripped to break up the colours. The two tone will be done at the window line.

Also due to the hydro swap I need a new muffler and I MAY get new rims once everything else is done. I am thinking black with polished lip 20s and get some of the blue pearl added to the black of the rims. (I should have got the black 20s 3 years ago when I got the chromes, but black wasn't quite in yet and a friend convinced me to go chrome.)

The car also has HIDs and Tinted Tails and I broke the antenna off one day, so "shaved" antenna. (I was holding onto it and slipped and snapped the bolt that holds it to the car, need to re tap the fitting and get a new one, but I don't listen to radio anyways)

Once I get the hydros in (ordered my 2nd last run of parts this morning, so I should get it done by the end of March) and I will do a full build up of the hydros and post my other mods.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search