Cheapest and easiest way to supercharge my 2005 sunfire. - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cheapest and easiest way to supercharge my 2005 sunfire.
Monday, February 01, 2010 8:17 PM
Just curious, ive heard of people using the Eaton m45s on them. Does that require custom machined parts for mounting to the intake or no. Just wondering what kind of work/cost would be involved. I have a friend who owes me 600 bucks and is a mechanic so he would do it all for me. No labor cost. If anyone could help me out. Im lookin online and cant really find any used or rebuilt for sale.

If anyone can recommend a site thanks.

Re: Cheapest and easiest way to supercharge my 2005 sunfire.
Monday, February 01, 2010 8:26 PM
Ok i think its the Eaton M62 i want. GM performance parts no longer sells em. Anyone know where to get one?
Monday, February 01, 2010 8:41 PM
http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66

and yes, you want the m62 on your ecotec. big part of your install/cost is reflashing/tuning the engine.

Monday, February 01, 2010 8:42 PM
crate engine depot had some last time i spoke to them and also check out this post link

Monday, February 01, 2010 9:34 PM
yeah i just noticed. I should have named thread what is the cheapest way to add 50 or so horse power to my car lol. Dont have 2.5 k sitting around atm, i remember seeing superchargers on ebay for like 300 bucks, the eatons, lol im dreamin i guess
Monday, February 01, 2010 9:38 PM
lol ya for 300 id suggest an lsj pacesetter header and a good exhaust...

Monday, February 01, 2010 10:59 PM
Nick Balak wrote:yeah i just noticed. I should have named thread what is the cheapest way to add 50 or so horse power to my car lol. Dont have 2.5 k sitting around atm, i remember seeing superchargers on ebay for like 300 bucks, the eatons, lol im dreamin i guess

an exhaust as stated would be good for starters.

best bang for your buck is n2o. plain and simple.

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 8:20 AM
yeah but i dunno how practical usin nos would be to pass someone up on a highway ect.. would be XD, im not gonna be goin to the track any time soon.

Oh well turbos are always an option if the superchargers sell out and i get a random 3k layin around
Tuesday, February 02, 2010 12:41 PM
The supercharger itself isnt going to cost a lot. Its all of the other little stuff that goes along with it.

Go check out the Mideast forum gmanz24 is selling a partial m62 kit i believe.

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 1:08 PM
I was able to S/C my cav for about 2k with getting a "kit" off a Cobalt SS/SC. Everything is a direct swap, but there are a few odds and ends that can prove to be a PITA to find.

219whp - I <3 whine

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 7:01 PM
If i do it, ill probably look for junk yard parts from a cobalt. Or someone on a forum like you guys have stated. Ive decided to do my audio system first i loves my music.

Thanks guys

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search