Finally Thought I should Introduce myself - '04 cav - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Finally Thought I should Introduce myself - '04 cav
Sunday, March 14, 2010 5:49 PM
hey everyone,

I bought this car a little over a year ago and have done some small stuff to it. There is a list on my profile. I just thought I would post a few pics and say hello to everybody!
tell me what you guys think

Before HID's

After HID's

I have few things I want to do to do it yet including new 17" rims, tinting the tail lights, I want to get ls sport bumpers and spoiler, perhaps lower it a bit (idk tho since it is a daily driver), more interior LED's(in the doors), and a couple things that I can't think of. I'm not looking to make super fast because it will probably be my daily driver until it dies and I just want it look good. I'll have another car as my baby and project car input?

And now you are reading my signature...great
My 2004 Sunburst Orange Sedan - http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=47&i=54063&t=54063
input is highly appreciated!

Re: Finally Thought I should Introduce myself - '04 cav
Sunday, March 14, 2010 9:17 PM
Welcome. Nice and clean! If you get the bumpers get the door handles and mirrors painted too, it will drastically clean up the look. I thought the side moldings were higher up than that on an 04? Notice were they are in my sig.

Sunday, March 14, 2010 9:44 PM
4 door = lower maybe? idk

id say drop it for sure.

Sunday, March 14, 2010 10:14 PM
Thanks! Yeah that is a little odd that my moldings are that much lower than yours... haha maybe it's a 2dr-4dr thing? I'll be sure to paint the mirrors and handles if I can get my hands on a set of bumpers, but they are hard to come by..

I would take my side moldings off like I did my "cavalier" badge on the trunk, but I'm afraid there will be great fade lines under there. You can't really see unless you look closely, but there is some fade from where the trunk badge was. I'm sure it would be wayyy more noticeable on the doors.

I do want to lower it, but only mildly because there are some pretty rough roads that i have to drive down rather frequently. but right now I dont have the money to buy new springs and struts. Maybe I'll do it after I put the 17's on...
These were the sets that I was looking at:
Motegi
Enkei
Enkei

btw, BuiltNBoosted, your cav is probably one of my favorites on here so far. That Extreme Tuner kit is kick a**

My 2004 Sunburst Orange Sedan - http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=47&i=54063&t=54063
Monday, March 15, 2010 11:40 AM
Josh Grenier wrote:Thanks! Yeah that is a little odd that my moldings are that much lower than yours... haha maybe it's a 2dr-4dr thing?

It is

and I like the second set of wheels out of the ones your looking at

But anyway welcome to the JBO

Monday, March 15, 2010 12:08 PM
welcome looks like a clean slate...

Sunday, March 21, 2010 6:38 PM
thanks guys

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 8:50 PM
nice cavy i have myself an 04 orange also

Sig thanks to bxmobkrazey on gmscf.com
Monday, July 12, 2010 5:33 AM
just tinted tails XD
oh, and removed that god awful gold badge a while back. got a CF one there now

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search