ebay projectors and fitment - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ebay projectors and fitment
Saturday, August 21, 2010 11:25 PM
Hey there, so I got a deal on some ebay chrome projectors and ran into a few things. Maybe, I'm having a brain fart, but one of the projectors pretty much fit horribly. Also, I couldnt get the 9006 bulbs to fit into the lights? A few questions.. any tricks to get them more flush with the body lines? They do take both high and low bulbs right? These are just projectors no angel eyes or anything. Thanks!

Re: ebay projectors and fitment
Sunday, August 22, 2010 11:00 AM
I have the same ones, only black.

The projector housing is hitting the radiator support. Take a hammer and persuade the metal in a little so they can fit.

Monday, August 23, 2010 6:01 AM
What about the high beam fitment...howd you get the 9006 bulbs in there? or are you running hids?
Tuesday, August 24, 2010 5:58 PM
the two piece projectors call for 9005s in both high/low. HOWEVER, the actual mounting tabs are the same for both, its the key in the plug that's different. you will want HIDs with those projectors to even get back to a stock output. halogens and any tinted bulb are terrible.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Wednesday, August 25, 2010 6:04 AM
Ok makes sense to me, the tabs are the same, but the plug keys are different. So then what kind of HID do I get, a 9005? but then as we were saying, won't that plug be different? Thanks
Wednesday, August 25, 2010 5:52 PM
I use 9006 bulbs in my lows.

Getting ready to order a new set from DDM. Old ebay set was @!#$.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search