Newbie Cavalier, What do you think? - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Newbie Cavalier, What do you think?
Monday, August 30, 2010 8:47 PM
Well when I first got my Cavalier I knew it would become a money pit(And I wanted to be one). It was gold with pitted headlights and misaligned fenders and pealing paint and stock wheels and such. It was completely stock!

This is what I have turned my Cavalier into...

-MB Wheels Seven X's 16"
-15% Window Tinting
-New Front Bumper
-Left and Right Front Fender
-Black Vinyl over rear tail lights
-New Headlights
-Two Rockford Fosgate P1 12" Subs
-Two Pioneer 4 Way Speakers(Rear)
-Two Pioneer 2 Way Speakers(Front)
-Set of Tweeters(Front)
-800w Powerbass Mono Amp(Subs)
-Two 300w Amps(One for front, one for rear speakers)
-Catback Exaust System

Things to come:
-Supercharger or Turbo(Which ever I can get my hands on!)

Re: Newbie Cavalier, What do you think?
Monday, August 30, 2010 8:47 PM
Oh and I forgot the white gauge faces
Monday, August 30, 2010 8:53 PM
not a bad looking start man, you should lower it next

Monday, August 30, 2010 8:53 PM
For DD, she looks good!

Just get rid of the rub strips....much cleaner look....

Monday, August 30, 2010 10:54 PM
what color is that? i love it.

Monday, August 30, 2010 11:23 PM
SandDrift Gold Metallic

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 9:49 AM
Love that color, agree with the others, drop it and lose the side moldings. Really good start man, welcome to the org!

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 6:50 PM
GTC lookin.

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 7:05 PM
Wow, a newbie that has done alright... haha

Other than the white gauges, I like it. What exactly did you do to the tail lights?

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Wednesday, September 01, 2010 7:13 PM
nice and welcome

Sig thanks to bxmobkrazey on gmscf.com
Wednesday, September 01, 2010 7:54 PM
That's sand-drift metallic?! Looks more like charcoal... Either way, one of the best looking newbie J's I've seen! Drop her, get your hands on some Z or LSS sides and LSS front and rear bumpers, and then go nuts under the hood. More pics, please?

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 9:23 PM
Very nice picture, where was this taken?
Clean start to the car as well.
1. Fill out your profile.
2. Install engine mounts and suspension: shocks/struts & springs.
3. Save money for boost/supporting mods and learn as much as you can in the mean time.

Couldn't help it..

Friday, September 03, 2010 3:59 PM
Its not Sand-Drift. It is a charcoal color with a hint of purple to it.

I would get side skirts and bumpers and lower it but the problem is... Im in colorado.... SNOW!

My step-dad had a car that was lowered here in Colorado and it was horrible!

Here is what the back of the car looks like!

Monday, September 06, 2010 6:09 PM
nice. i like it. shorty antannae maybe and remove side moldings. that's probly all i'd do though. good work.

Monday, September 06, 2010 6:22 PM
def like the color....
is it just me or can i see your garage door through your fender well? lol
But good start!

Tuesday, September 07, 2010 8:17 PM
I knew that couldn't have been sand drift/gay tan. lol I'm diggin the charcoal though, looks hott, but holy 4x4, Batman! @!#$ snow, get airbags, then you can go low in summer, and still ride high/plow snow in winter

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 7:04 PM
silver03cavii wrote:
is it just me or can i see your garage door through your fender well? lol

Missing the fender liner?

I like the color of the car btw.
Wednesday, September 08, 2010 7:24 PM
i dig the color looks good. yea why can we see light a lot of it threw ur fender. u missing a headlight? also love what u did with the grille.

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 7:42 PM
98z24ragtop wrote:I knew that couldn't have been sand drift/gay tan. lol I'm diggin the charcoal though, looks hott, but holy 4x4, Batman! @!#$ snow, get airbags, then you can go low in summer, and still ride high/plow snow in winter

Real men ride low in the summer and plow low in the winter...

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Wednesday, September 08, 2010 9:43 PM
This picture was taken before I put the new headlights in and I don't have a fender liner in there. Haha.

I know this question is asked A LOT on this forum but im going to ask it myself...

Im looking for a supercharger for my Cavalier(Or a turbo if its all I can get my hands on). Im only 17 so money is obviously a huge factor in this. I know not to cheap out on a Turbo or SC. What would you all recommend for a SC? Where to get one... I have looked everywhere and cannot seem to find one! If I can't get an SC what type of turbo should I start considering and what do you think the price will be on it?
Friday, September 10, 2010 8:17 AM
Kevin Carnahan wrote:This picture was taken before I put the new headlights in and I don't have a fender liner in there. Haha.

I know this question is asked A LOT on this forum but im going to ask it myself...

Im looking for a supercharger for my Cavalier(Or a turbo if its all I can get my hands on). Im only 17 so money is obviously a huge factor in this. I know not to cheap out on a Turbo or SC. What would you all recommend for a SC? Where to get one... I have looked everywhere and cannot seem to find one! If I can't get an SC what type of turbo should I start considering and what do you think the price will be on it?

The M62 SC from the Cobalt SS will bolt right up. As for turbos, look into a Saab turbo, I don't remember which model...

Sunday, September 12, 2010 7:56 PM
My cavy is only lowered 1.6" and i winter drive it in NB, Canada. It works, but last winter was the first one it was lowered for, i spent a lot of time plowing and stuck in the middle of the road while other cars drove around me lol. But it's well worth lowering your car, you may lose some ride quality and winter abilities but it makes up for it all when you get on a smooth winding road.
Monday, September 13, 2010 5:06 PM
Awesome! I will try to get my hands on one and then chime back in here with an update!
Wednesday, September 15, 2010 7:42 AM
Just key your eye out on here for the boosted stuff. You can find a good s/c setup or turbo setup for around 1500-2500, which is better than paying double that for new.

I have the saab kit on mine, and i love it. I dont DD my car, but I practically do unless its raining or snowing, and i couldnt ask for a better set-up.

Car looks good, i like that paint.

Saab Kit, GM Reflash, 10 psi
Thursday, September 16, 2010 10:25 AM
blucavvy wrote:nice. i like it. shorty antannae maybe and remove side moldings. that's probly all i'd do though. good work.

where do you get a short, antenna

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search