new engine - Newbies Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
new engine
Wednesday, September 29, 2010 6:30 PM
well my friend have me an engine and the car but the engine is in parts the block is intack but its not bolted on to the trans or the mounts he gave me all the bolts and all but i don't know what bolt goes where ?????? my question is, is there any web site i can look at to see what exact bolt goes where. my engine is an Automatic 2.4 liter...

Re: new engine
Wednesday, September 29, 2010 7:56 PM
I have a question too. Did you graduate high school? You hurt my head.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 8:08 PM
$ RICH $ wrote:well my friend have me an engine and the car but the engine is in parts the block is intack but its not bolted on to the trans or the mounts he gave me all the bolts and all but i don't know what bolt goes where ?????? my question is, is there any web site i can look at to see what exact bolt goes where. my engine is an Automatic 2.4 liter...

which i get ...... means "you see we have a rapist in Lincoln park and hes climbing in your windows and snatching you people up and try to rape them..."

Thursday, September 30, 2010 5:13 AM
1st of all if i wanted you smart ass comments i would have asked your mom ..... 2nd if you ain't gonna help don't waste my time or yours with writing if ya'll can't help shut your mouth
Thursday, September 30, 2010 10:30 AM
$ RICH $ wrote:1st of all if i wanted you smart ass comments i would have asked your mom ..... 2nd if you ain't gonna help don't waste my time or yours with writing if ya'll can't help shut your mouth

Dude not trying to be an ass but when you make a post thats one run on sentence with no grammatical sense, of course these guys are going to rip on you. I'm going to assume that you were asking what bolts go where when connecting the motor to the transmission..? If thats the case, pick up a Haynes manual at just about any parts store. I don't know the answer myself but thats where I would look first.

Thursday, September 30, 2010 11:20 AM
89Vert N HardTop wrote:
$ RICH $ wrote:well my friend have me an engine and the car but the engine is in parts the block is intack but its not bolted on to the trans or the mounts he gave me all the bolts and all but i don't know what bolt goes where ?????? my question is, is there any web site i can look at to see what exact bolt goes where. my engine is an Automatic 2.4 liter...

which i get ...... means "you see we have a rapist in Lincoln park and hes climbing in your windows and snatching you people up and try to rape them..."

hyde yo wyfe, hyde yo kidz.. they up in her' rapin' everybody!

Thursday, September 30, 2010 1:11 PM
I dont think there is any site that can tell you that but just to let you know all of the bolts in the bottom end (main bolts etc etc) are all torque to yield and should not be reused along with the head bolts. My advice would be to buy all the bolts that need to be replaced and get rid of the old ones and look at what you have left.

Thursday, September 30, 2010 2:26 PM
get a chiltons/haynes manual,, boom, problem solved

Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:58 PM
Here, even go one farther, look at 3rd gen, or the Maintence forum (Cant remember which it is) There is a manual that there you can download. Its FREE even!!

And now, since I have helped you, did you really need to go 7th grade and bust out with the "I would have asked ur mom"?? Because hate to tell you this, but 1997 called, they want there jokes back.

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search