REVERSE SWITCH ON A 5-SPEED TRANNY - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
REVERSE SWITCH ON A 5-SPEED TRANNY
Monday, October 11, 2010 9:44 AM
Hey guys,

I have a 2000 z24 5-speed and my reverse lights don't work. I tried switching the reverse light bulb with the brake light bulb, and the bulbs work good. Then I got new light bulb sockets, it's not those either. I was told it is the "Reverse switch" located on the tranny. My question is, where on the tranny is it located? Also, is it an easy fix?

Thanks.

Re: REVERSE SWITCH ON A 5-SPEED TRANNY
Thursday, October 14, 2010 9:15 AM
I have the same problem. A buddy of mine is going to help me fix it, i will post up what we do and try to get some pics for you
Thursday, October 14, 2010 5:29 PM
Thanks alot dude. Im going to order the part in about two weeks to put it in
Tuesday, October 19, 2010 10:35 PM
have this problem to. doesn't really bother me.

Thursday, October 21, 2010 1:25 PM
haha I just fixed mine on my 03 cav.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Back-Up-Light-Switch-BWD_3039846-P_401_R|GRPSESWAMS_562160312___

if you turn the wheels all the way to the right and look right behind it, you can just barely reach the switch on the tranny, just unplug the connector thing, and wrench off the old one, replace it, and plug it back in.

didn't really bother me either, but i like messing with stuff.
Saturday, May 07, 2011 1:57 PM
Same problem here, anyone actually get it fixed? I have no idea where it is. '03 Cav Z24/LS Sport
Saturday, May 07, 2011 2:07 PM
aethersix wrote:if you turn the wheels all the way to the right and look right behind it, you can just barely reach the switch on the tranny, just unplug the connector thing, and wrench off the old one, replace it, and plug it back in.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search