no spark HELP! - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
no spark HELP!
Thursday, December 02, 2010 10:35 AM
ok this is te story my car head a bad head gas kit and the car ran fine the oil was mixing.and i haid the car runing one day and it died on me just shut right off idk. soo i chanegd the head gaskit the head wasent warped put evrything bck in right now the car has no spark so i changed the coil and plugs and ign and the alternator is good idk wat els it could be from stopin gthe car from geting spark if anyone could help or nos wat it could be it would be great help by the way it a 96 2.2l moter

Re: no spark HELP!
Friday, December 03, 2010 10:18 AM
Fuses?

Friday, December 03, 2010 11:34 AM
i checked all fuses but no spark still
Friday, December 03, 2010 4:23 PM
crank position sensor can also cause the engine to have no spark.It sends reference pulses to the ecm which controls timing to the coil packs.Ive had bad grounds fuses and relays cause the engine not to have spark.Id start with them first.
Sunday, December 05, 2010 10:15 PM
i checked the fuses and there good but it could be the cps i toke it out and cleand it but still no spark i haid it runing whene it haid the bad headgaskit it was mixing wit the antifreze and it just died on me so i changed the headgakit and now no spark
Monday, December 06, 2010 3:53 PM
grounds play a big role on fuel inlected engines if the ckp sensor is good then tracing my ground wires is where I would go next.
Monday, December 06, 2010 4:45 PM
i had the same exact issue withmy 96 cav.. after doing a head gasket. turned out that the new coils i got were bad. try getting a known good coil to to start the car. also make sure you have the right firing order.

Wednesday, December 08, 2010 12:37 PM
allright t hanks guys il check it out
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search