New from michigan - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New from michigan
Friday, December 17, 2010 5:43 AM
hi everybody! figured i would take a minute and introduce myself....my name is steve (if you cant tell by my user name) i am a tech support/customer service and sales guy over at ZZPerformance.com and recently picked up a 1998 Z24! i recently moved and now have a 35 mile drive to work, and decided it just isnt feasible to drive my ZR2 that distance (15 mpg hurts the wallet) little about the Z....it's black, 2.4 5 speed, tinted windows, etc....i picked it up for $500....reverse is gone...only has 109K on it......plans are to make it look nice, maybe some minor performance mods (attempt to get better mpg)....something i can afford AND enjoy to commute in

i also have a 1997 GTP (anybody familiar with ZZP knows why) NIC cam, ZZP headers, genV blower, 42# injectors, N* tb, built trans etc etc....last fall it made 359.6 WHP and 43x tq.... on our low reading mustang dyno....still gets 28 mpg when i drive it nice somehow lol...it has ran a best of 12.11@111, and that was when it was dynoing around 310. i've recently done head gaskets, and went with some .045 cometic's, put in some better valve springs and 1.7 rockers (359 HP was limited by valve float at 6K) by spring it will be E85 and hopefully 400 WHP....

anyways, here i am. i look forward to being a part of this community!

98 Z24...just got it. still stock
99 ZR2 s10...snow/mud toy
97 GTP lots of goodies....359.6 WHP, 12.11@111 (when it dynoed 311)

Re: New from michigan
Friday, December 17, 2010 2:23 PM
Welcome. My friend had silver top-swapped and cammed GT til the engine popped. Fun cars.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search