Questions! Lots of them! - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Questions! Lots of them!
Monday, December 27, 2010 8:10 PM
Alright guys, money came in and its go time!

Im getting my car repainted after the accident and I got enough money to start the mods. Here are my questions!

Boost
Q. I was thinking about going with an M62 Eaton SC. Is this a good choice?

Q. Will I need new injectors with a SC?

Q. How much boost can I expect?

Q. Im a COMPLETE newbie when it comes to boosting, so if someone has time(Private message or email) could I talk to you about boosting?

Exhaust
Q. I was thinking about getting a 4-2-1 header. Is this a good idea?

Q. Will I see improvements from 4-2-1? Will it change the sound of my car(I like my sound the way it is)?

Re: Questions! Lots of them!
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 12:10 PM
1.) yes (assuming you have an ecotec which i don't know for sure since ur profile isn't filled out)
2.)yes
3.)completely depend's on what other supporting mods are going along with the car but i believe all stock u'd be fine seeing 8-10 lbs. of boost.
4.)read the stickie's in the boost and performance forum. then start asking questions.
5.)yes (u'll need to upgrade the rest of ur exhaust other than just the manifold if your'e planning on boosting.
6.)yes (it will probly get louder.)

Wednesday, December 29, 2010 6:34 PM
What are your goals for the car?

Read this:
http://gmscf.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=2052

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Friday, December 31, 2010 12:20 PM
snoop around the boost forums for a bit, You'll pickup on the info you'll need. My eco is 100% stock interally. I have the blower, 3.0 pulley with full exhaust and and LS1 tb adaptor and 42lb/hr injectors and at 9 psi I put down the numbers in my sig on a Cavattack2200 tune. Oh I forgot to add that the psi out of the blower is dependant on how easy the air can get in and out of the engine as well as current air temp and altitude. I make 9 psi on a 3.0 pulley but a stock exhaust and tb setup might be 11-13psi, but that doesn't mean your going to make more power.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, December 31, 2010 12:23 PM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search