Hi! I just registered. Advice on purchase? - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hi! I just registered. Advice on purchase?
Wednesday, December 29, 2010 2:59 PM
I'm going to look at an yellow '04 5spd Ls 2dr coupe w/ sunroof tomorrow. Guy said he just replaced the clutch. Its got less then 60k mi. The photos look like its lower then stock ride height. The allure for me is I hear the 2.2 is bullet proof and the whole cavalier's legendary reliability. I want it for a secondary car to tune on a lil bit and for a town runner for the wife. This is my first chev as I'm a chrysler, dodge, plymouth, jeep (300, durango, daytona, ram, duster, wrangler) guy. So I'm asking what should I look out for when checking out this car? (Normal usually broken/worn parts etc.)

Re: Hi! I just registered. Advice on purchase?
Wednesday, December 29, 2010 3:41 PM
Jim Vaughan wrote:I'm going to look at an yellow '04 5spd Ls 2dr coupe w/ sunroof tomorrow. Guy said he just replaced the clutch. Its got less then 60k mi. The photos look like its lower then stock ride height. The allure for me is I hear the 2.2 is bullet proof and the whole cavalier's legendary reliability. I want it for a secondary car to tune on a lil bit and for a town runner for the wife. This is my first chev as I'm a chrysler, dodge, plymouth, jeep (300, durango, daytona, ram, duster, wrangler) guy. So I'm asking what should I look out for when checking out this car? (Normal usually broken/worn parts etc.)

Saturday, January 08, 2011 3:28 PM
Rosario wrote:
Jim Vaughan wrote:I'm going to look at an yellow '04 5spd Ls 2dr coupe w/ sunroof tomorrow. Guy said he just replaced the clutch. Its got less then 60k mi. The photos look like its lower then stock ride height. The allure for me is I hear the 2.2 is bullet proof and the whole cavalier's legendary reliability. I want it for a secondary car to tune on a lil bit and for a town runner for the wife. This is my first chev as I'm a chrysler, dodge, plymouth, jeep (300, durango, daytona, ram, duster, wrangler) guy. So I'm asking what should I look out for when checking out this car? (Normal usually broken/worn parts etc.)

Hey, compared to most chrysler, it's pretty legendary, hehe.
I'm a chrysler guy too, OP, so no worries.
As for stuff to look for, there's not a whole lot at 60k. My question is why was the clutch replaced with so little miles? Look for service records, how many owners has it had. Without service records, I'd probably stay away. Get a car fax or autocheck too.
Check for rust on the bottoms of the doors, and underneath. Make sure underneath looks good.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 6:49 AM
^^^^^^^^ x2

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search