What should i upgrade first? - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What should i upgrade first?
Monday, January 24, 2011 1:36 PM
I have a 1999 Cavalier with the 2.2L. i started with a body kit and was goin to get the whole car painted before winter but that got delayed due to accident. so spring time after its painted i need some ideas on what to do. I do want to go fast so any ideas on what to upgrade next?

Re: What should i upgrade first?
Monday, January 24, 2011 1:46 PM
well you have a 2.2............you can either swap for a 2.4

do a 5 speed swap

with the 2.2 u can build the engine rods pistons etc etc

2.4 same thing

5 speed swap you can do if not a 5 speed already do a short throw, better clutch

Monday, January 24, 2011 1:58 PM
I would do suspension work after getting the car painted. Its going to look like ass if your still in 4x4 mode. If your willing to spend a little cash and do it correctly, a suspension upgrade will also make the car a blast to drive. If I was going to get rid of the bags and go back to a normal suspension I would definitly go with tein basics or super streets. The basics cost about the same as a good set of struts and springs, so I'm not sure why more people don't go that route.

BTW, this is definitly not the right forum for this post. Put some pictures up of what the car looks like.

Monday, January 24, 2011 2:51 PM
you can buy me an old suspension

Thursday, January 27, 2011 10:40 AM
I say lower it, I prefer tien ss, Eibach Prokit and Tokico D-specs would be a good slightly cheaper combo. Many will say use KYB AGX's but I didnt like the set I had, it was too bouncy for my liking. Next front GM strut tower bar from a convertible and an Ebay rear strut tower bar. Font and rear swaybars I would do next. Then upgrade the brakes. Now your car will be fun to drive even if its slow. Then start on power upgrades. Either turbo the 2.2 or swap to a 2.4 are your best options.

Sunday, January 30, 2011 6:06 PM
Definitely lower it, since you've already taken the route of upgrading the aesthetics before performance. It can be custom painted and have awesome rims all day long, and still look retarded sitting on our massive stock height.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search