Newb, With some Idea's. - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Newb, With some Idea's.
Wednesday, February 09, 2011 8:36 AM
Hello Everyone!

I Drive a Rustbucket Cavalier, This thing has gone bad with the Body,
The doors are Rusted and everything.

So The other day, I was looking at the car, And I was thinking about some Ideas that Might go with it, To atleast Make it look like a fun Beater.

Car:
1992 Cavalier 2.2. 5spd.

First Idea:
I was thinking about Bolting / Welding a Bar across the top of my Roof, and Throwing 2-4 Fog lights onto it.Or to get a Sports rack bar and Throw them on there.
It'd probably go right about the Windshield, close to the front. Nothing farther than the middle.
This one is already high up towards the "Lets do it". Just need to hear more people's Thoughts on it.

Second Idea:
Strip the Interior.
I HATE Being Begged for Rides, Considering where I live, Most of my Friends have bought good cars, but can't afford registration or gas.
It'd probably look like @!#$, But I'm sure if I could like, Spraypaint the Metal and Maybe throw a few Bars into it to make it look nice. Probably just keep the Passenger seat.
This one is Probably the Second Hardest to Choose. Just because well, it'd be hard to replace it.

Third Idea:
Lift it a few Inches. Nothing to Fancy like a truck lift.
My Friends have told me I should just lower it, However, This car would be lowered, then the Water and everything would just eat at the rust faster.
I took 2 Jackstands. 1 under each side, To lift the car higher from the Middle section, (so that both tires are still touching the ground.) and it looked Amazing.
Definitely if it was Lifted, I would check to see if the car could even do it, or the Suspension would beable to handle it.

Fourth Idea:
Meaty Tires.
Yes, I Do dumb stuff with my car, I Bought this thing for 750 dollars, and I plan to have some fun with it. It's far passed any chances of Restoration.
So I plan to basically, Get out of Fields If I know that i have a chance in getting through it.

Whats your Opinions on this?

Re: Newb, With some Idea's.
Wednesday, February 09, 2011 9:07 AM
there all horrible ideas just leave it alone
Wednesday, February 09, 2011 6:56 PM
03cav83 wrote:there all horrible ideas just leave it alone

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 7:19 PM
Lol... not the best ideas, but honestly, modifying a car isn't really a good idea.

I've wanted to make a Moab copy and run it as a winter beater for a while, full suspension upgrades, just go up a few inches instead of down, W41 cams, side exit exhaust, Brickyard rear spoiler, Thule roof rack, and big meaty snow tires. I'll have to find a yellow 00-02 and swap the front end though.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Wednesday, February 09, 2011 7:39 PM
that cavys pretty nice looking but im sorry i dont see the point in rasing a cavy there alreay rasied enough stock. i just dont understand what kind of driving are you doing where you have to have a rasied cavalier? lol
Wednesday, February 09, 2011 7:43 PM
Woods, or 2 feet of snow.

Also, Ice lake racing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, February 09, 2011 7:43 PM

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Wednesday, February 09, 2011 7:44 PM
idk i just think if i lived in an area like that the last thing i would own would be a cavalier lol
Wednesday, February 09, 2011 7:51 PM
I live in an area like that, and my car is lowered and inch and a half, lol

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 7:53 PM
lol i love your car is soo nice hahaa idk i couldent imagine driving a lifted j it would feel and look so weird
Wednesday, February 16, 2011 1:37 PM
i wanna see pics of your car hah

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search