New from PA with a Z - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New from PA with a Z
Saturday, February 12, 2011 9:50 AM
Name is Justin. I have a 2000 z24 black cavalier. It has 165k miles and the engine is grouchy. Has alot of valvetrain noise, and is not perfect. It still pulls pretty hard. It goes through Oil like I go through beer. That is not good haha. Anyway I bought it with 160k for 2000 bucks. It has 16" motegi rims, Headers, CAI, and a @!#$ty sounding muffler. Also has a sway bar, short shifter, and some gauges that have never been hooked up. Did I mention the engine sounds like its dying!? hah.

Currently I am at the stage of debating whether or not I should spend the money and invest the time I have into this car. I am huge for performance and meticulous for looks. If I was to dig deep into this project this is what I would do.

-New motor/ rebuild current with mild performance/ strength
-Wire tuck, repaint engine bay, relocate batter, Delete a/c and most accessories
-Full dual exhaust setup
-Possible turbo??

-headliner/dash recovered
-new seats
-new steering wheel

New body kit
New suspension
New rims
New paint

So thats about it. My main focus right now is the engine.

Give me some options. What I want is a pretty quick car. Something faster than what I have that pulls hard at all rpms. I am open to everything. I am on a budget of 2500, and that includes labor. So roughly 1500-1750.
Sites for performance parts? Would really like to find a low mileage engine to buy for cheap and rebuild that one.

Thanks

Re: New from PA with a Z
Saturday, February 12, 2011 10:48 AM
find a new ld9 and drop it in, see how much money you got left lolz

Saturday, February 12, 2011 10:58 AM
Come to a few KGM meets, we can get you set up. I think you would enjoy a supercharged LE61 ecotec.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Saturday, February 12, 2011 5:10 PM

Thats my car just washed. The paint is chipping, and have a bit of rust under the doors. I am debating on getting a newer car.

Currently I have a 94 gmc k1500 project truck that I am having issues with. Don't know if I want to start another project..... If I do, Im just looking for a simple swap with extra ponies.

sc le61 ecotech. Sounds out of my budget, and difficult.
Saturday, February 12, 2011 5:25 PM
if you do decide to get a new car, would you mind sending me your front and rear lip. Most of these things get the cancer in the rear

Sunday, February 13, 2011 2:41 AM
The KGM guys have done the LE61 swap in a weekend for under $1k. Do the N/A LE61 swap 1st, then collect S/C parts and we can have it supercharged in the course of another weekend. Come to a KGM meet and talk to the guys about the swap before you write it off.

Thursday, February 17, 2011 4:29 AM
Tinkles wrote:The KGM guys have done the LE61 swap in a weekend for under $1k. Do the N/A LE61 swap 1st, then collect S/C parts and we can have it supercharged in the course of another weekend. Come to a KGM meet and talk to the guys about the swap before you write it off.

This.

You should definitely drop by a KGM meet. We have one coming up this month on the 26th in King of Prussia/Limerick, always a good time. I see you're in Bethlehem, we have a few KGM members nearby, Easton and Allentown. In fact, I'm planning on having March's KGM meet in Allentown if you're interested. Like Tink said, if you go the route of swapping a motor, and we can it swapped and running in a weekend!

Sunday, February 20, 2011 5:17 PM
When are you comin to a kgm meet tinks?

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Sunday, February 20, 2011 7:21 PM
Whenever the cav gets back on the road, weather gets better, and i have the time off.

Monday, February 21, 2011 5:22 AM
Lol well hopefully soon, if not see ya at carisle again lol

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search