Will A Short Ram Air Intake From a 2.4L Fit On A 2.2l Ecotec - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Will A Short Ram Air Intake From a 2.4L Fit On A 2.2l Ecotec
Thursday, March 03, 2011 12:16 PM
hey everyone i am just wondering if a short ram air intake from a 2.4l twin cam will fit on a 2.2l ecotec , the reason i am asking is because they are pretty much shaped the same , so if anyone knows if it will fit please leave a comment thanks

Re: Will A Short Ram Air Intake From a 2.4L Fit On A 2.2l Ecotec
Thursday, March 03, 2011 1:56 PM
yes it will, may have to trim the throttle cable bracket a bit

Friday, March 04, 2011 6:21 PM
dxdean3 wrote:yes it will, may have to trim the throttle cable bracket a bit

Yes, and this is correct.

You will also have to modify the bracket on the intake tube, and you'll have to get a breather filter for the "pcv" in the valve cover. You'll also have to move the IAT sensor out by the air filter. Not hard at all. The last thing you'll have to do is shorten the large hose that comes with the intake, and make it fit with the fuel pressure regulator. Make sure you use the hard hose on the car for this, and basically use the large hose that comes with the intake as a step up so it will connect to the nipple on the intake.

It sounds harder than it is. Once you get the intake you'll understand what I mean.

Monday, March 07, 2011 5:18 PM
I have one on my eco, just had to bend the tab on the intake tube a little bit to reach, and get a longer breather tube, or just get a breather valve filter, and boom. best 19$ i ever spent on ebay lol, its a fun lil noise maker

---

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search