Need ideas for what i can do to make my car sound a little more aggressive louder - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need ideas for what i can do to make my car sound a little more aggressive louder
Tuesday, March 08, 2011 9:46 AM
hi guys, so income tax time has come, i got about 4200 to spend to maybe im thinking maybe make my car sound a little louder or aggressive. i was thinking about a muffler or something but would a cold air intake make it sound a little more aggressive and benefit to some added hp? my car is a 05 cavalier 5 spd with ecotec. im open to ideas, thxs, shawn

Re: Need ideas for what i can do to make my car sound a little more aggressive louder
Tuesday, March 08, 2011 9:48 AM
*$200
Re: Need ideas for what i can do to make my car sound a little more aggressive louder
Tuesday, March 08, 2011 10:03 AM
An intake will get you alittle better gas mileage (if you don't drive like a dick). You'll have no noticeable gain in power but in your head you'll be convinced it faster because of the slightly more aggressive engine note. But a cheap intake, a pipe is a pipe, then if you want upgrade to a K&N filter.

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 10:06 AM
Darkstars wrote:An intake will get you alittle better gas mileage (if you don't drive like a dick). You'll have no noticeable gain in power but in your head you'll be convinced it faster because of the slightly more aggressive engine note. But a cheap intake, a pipe is a pipe, then if you want upgrade to a K&N filter.

would you intake make it sound a lil louder?... or not much? im not looking for way louder..just maybe something make it sound little bigger
Tuesday, March 08, 2011 11:01 AM
A kitten that sounds like a tiger is still a kitten.

An intake will make a woosh but thats about it. Not necessarily louder just differenter.

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 11:49 AM
you should check out the dynomax vt muffler. it has a little valve in it that when you are at idle and just cruising it is will fairly quiet but if you stomp on it the valve will open and it will be louder.
Tuesday, March 08, 2011 12:19 PM
It will be a little louder with an intake especially with motor mounts. I don't know how but it does change the tone and adds a whoosh.

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 1:55 PM
Copter wrote:It will be a little louder with an intake especially with motor mounts. I don't know how but it does change the tone and adds a whoosh.

QFT, intake + motor mounts

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 10:39 PM
Shawn Selig wrote:
Darkstars wrote:An intake will get you alittle better gas mileage (if you don't drive like a dick). You'll have no noticeable gain in power but in your head you'll be convinced it faster because of the slightly more aggressive engine note. But a cheap intake, a pipe is a pipe, then if you want upgrade to a K&N filter.

would you intake make it sound a lil louder?... or not much? im not looking for way louder..just maybe something make it sound little bigger

Your factory intake has a silencer in it to make things quiet. By putting a new intake on you eliminate that. If you just take the top of your airbox off and leave the open end of the hose there, drive up around the block a bit.... a lot of throttle at low to mid range RPM's you'll notice a huge difference in sound under the hood. But at light throttle you won't hear it barely at all.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Tuesday, March 08, 2011 11:56 PM
turn the music up louder and roll down your windows.

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 12:00 AM
and burn a cd of muscle cars sounds... PROBLEM SOLVED..

/Thread

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 2:41 PM
hmmmm. my friend just told me about a magnaflow muffler.... what would you guys think about one of these? if i got it i would just have the muffler and keep in mind my cars all stock atm. thxs for all replies, i got to make a decision next week! lol
Wednesday, March 09, 2011 4:30 PM
lol

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 5:11 PM
header, straight pipe!!.. intake!... hell even cut a huge hole in the hood about witha 2' circumfernece!..lol or get a electronic exhaust cut out.. they're fun.. I like to disturb the peace too!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search