Newbie to the Jbody scene, and to Cavs so.. please help - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Newbie to the Jbody scene, and to Cavs so.. please help
Sunday, March 13, 2011 6:54 AM
Hi guys well i'm new here as the topic states it. You all have some really nice Cavs and Sunfires. Hope to bring mine to tip top shape aswell. Well I just bought a 97 4dr Cav. I have no idea as to what trim it is. It's a 2.2 power window and power lock, AUT. with fabric interiors. Picked it up for $500usd. The car turns on ok, only thing that once its turned on the coolant light and check engine lights stay on and it has a little misfire but it prob just needs new sparks and stuff alike. So on my way home last night I stopped at a red light, when I pressed the gas pedal to go the car started to buck as like wanting to take off and die out, put it in "N" started it and it took off. It did that till it got up to speed then acted normal. It did it at the next light aswell. Now it didn't/doesn't do it if i push the gas pedal lightly not normal, and it wont buck around. Any idea as to where to look? Hope it dont cost much to fix, cuz i wont have much money till next payday. thanks in advance to you all.

Re: Newbie to the Jbody scene, and to Cavs so.. please help
Sunday, March 13, 2011 12:26 PM
no one? does this forum have any members?
Sunday, March 13, 2011 9:44 PM
Since your check engine light is on go somewhere to the see which codes come up. I know Autozone does it for free.

www.gmofhouston.com
Sunday, March 13, 2011 10:11 PM
There are lots of active members here try posting in the maintaince forum. it gets more traffic than newbie forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search