Couple of Questions - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Couple of Questions
Monday, March 14, 2011 12:09 PM
I don't have much experience in other cars except for my own so I am not sure if this is normal. My car seems to be very boggy. Two situations this occurs is when I try to accelerate on the highway to pass cars, I press the gas in a decent amount and it just seems to not want to go, kinda hard to explain without driving it. The second occurring, which is very frustrating is when I am just cruising around at steady RPM and all of the sudden out of no where it just drops and bogs way down and I have to let off and re-apply the gas to get it back close to 2000rpm. Is this normal? I haven't drove many cars but it just seems wrong to me. It is an automatic and think it might have something to do with it not shifting at the right times. Sorry if this is just what happens.

Re: Couple of Questions
Tuesday, March 15, 2011 3:08 PM
Sounds like the transmission is slipping to me.

2000 2.2 3 speed 2-door, Stock...
Tuesday, March 15, 2011 6:59 PM
Is there a way to test this? It sounds plausible since it acts as if it can't hold the gear.
Saturday, April 16, 2011 12:47 PM
Still seem to be having trouble, new transmission fluid, lucas stop slip and new filter. Going to try and get a video of what happens.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search