plug and wire help - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
plug and wire help
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 7:54 PM
looking to upgrade my spark plugs and wires, i have my eye on a set of NGK iridium spark plugs but i have no idea what to look for as far as wires..i just want some advice to see what might be best. i have the ol 2.2 ohv 3sp

Re: plug and wire help
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 8:24 PM
Why in the hell do you want to spend so much on spark plugs for a car that it isn't going to make a difference in? Go get some NGK platinums for $2.something a plug.

2000 Ford F-250 7.3 Powerstroke 4x4 - Not stock
1973 16' Tahiti Speedboat
1983 200 HP Mercury BlackMax
1997 Chevy Cavalier with 275K miles
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 9:52 PM
well i have craptastic autolite plugs now and i have a site i order all my parts from and i can get a pack of 6 of the ngks for 10 bucks so thats why im getting the best..lol
Thursday, April 21, 2011 5:14 AM
Daniel Cooper wrote:well i have craptastic autolite plugs now and i have a site i order all my parts from and i can get a pack of 6 of the ngks for 10 bucks so thats why im getting the best..lol

I have to call BS on this.
#1) NGK plugs come in a pack of four not six.
#2)There is no way you are going to get a $6.00+ Iridium plug at $1.67 (10 divided by 6)

That being said you could get the standard NGK V-Power plugs for around $1.60 or so each...
If your buying from EBay just remember to do research first and buyer beware. If the price looks to good to be true it more than likely is not what you want.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 12:43 PM
rockauto.com is where im buying them
Tuesday, April 26, 2011 6:23 PM
Daniel Cooper wrote:well i have craptastic autolite plugs now and i have a site i order all my parts from and i can get a pack of 6 of the ngks for 10 bucks so thats why im getting the best..lol

take a look again. the TR55IX is on the site for $6.18 EACH. Vpower coppers are $1.57 each when in 4 packs.

go for the factory plugs if you really want the ones that will work the best, ACDelco #41-928. as for wires, rock has a set of delco wires on closeout for $10. you'd be insane not to grab them.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Wednesday, April 27, 2011 12:43 PM
yea i misread the pricing, and yea i decided to go back oem..iv had too many people tell me they have lots of problems when they change..and i ordered them today
Thursday, May 05, 2011 4:47 PM
Otherwise, I know advance auto sells the plugs for like under $30 oem.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search