New Exaust thoughts - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Exaust thoughts
Tuesday, April 26, 2011 6:02 PM
hey guys im not necessarily new to the site i have been reading posts and everything for a while and it helps out alot, so thanks to everyone who asks the good questions on this site lol

Anyway im getting my exhaust done tomorrow and im thinking about 2.25 inch piping from headers back, headers-magnaflow high flow cat- dynomax super turbo muffler, does anyone know if that is a good setup or if it sounds good? if so let me know

Re: New Exaust thoughts
Tuesday, April 26, 2011 6:17 PM
the magnaflow is an overpriced cat that has been known to set the check engine light. what brand header(there is only one on these cars, so no s needed here), and if it's not ceramic coated, expect it to rust quick (even the stainless ones, ESPECIALLY the ebay stainless ones). the superturbo is a good muffler, but you're still going to want a resonator to kill the rasp.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Tuesday, April 26, 2011 8:35 PM
well its the stock HEADER for now, there idk why i always say headers. and what cat should i go with? ive got all stock pipe now with the super turbo muffler im just wanting it to be alittle louder, and i did the muffler job myself and i want it to get welded professionally so thats one reason why im getting new pipe.
Wednesday, April 27, 2011 7:58 AM
Catless!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 10:19 PM
thanks for the opions, i got all new pipeing yesterday and kept the stock cat for now, soon ill be getting a new header and a high flow cat, i want a cat so i dont throw any codes since my sensor is right behind the cat
Thursday, May 05, 2011 4:46 PM
I've got a magnaflow high cat. Got it off Ebay for like $75. (no codes...knock on wood). Also the Ebay header I have has a bit of surface rust, but isn't too terribly rusted and has seen 2 WI winters. (knock on wood..and I'd prob get a nicer one if I were to do it over). Hope that helps.
Thursday, May 05, 2011 9:14 PM
sweet guys thanks for the help, rich i htink im going to buy that cat, but quick question - my o2 sensor is after my car and on that one its b4 woul dit throw a code or anyhting? and adam - what header do u have exactly?
Friday, May 06, 2011 9:32 AM
Well I have the Ebay "racing" header... just the cheapy chrome one. Like I said before..I probably would go a different route if I were to do it again ...or just get my stock one coated/painted.
Friday, May 06, 2011 9:42 AM
dakota phelps wrote:sweet guys thanks for the help, rich i htink im going to buy that cat, but quick question - my o2 sensor is after my car and on that one its b4 woul dit throw a code or anyhting? and adam - what header do u have exactly?
... if you're talking about the picture on their site... you know you can flip the cat over right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, May 06, 2011 9:43 AM

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Friday, May 06, 2011 2:21 PM
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:
dakota phelps wrote:sweet guys thanks for the help, rich i htink im going to buy that cat, but quick question - my o2 sensor is after my car and on that one its b4 woul dit throw a code or anyhting? and adam - what header do u have exactly?
... if you're talking about the picture on their site... you know you can flip the cat over right?

okay thanks, sorry for my stupidness

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search