95 sunfire 2.2l ohv - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
95 sunfire 2.2l ohv
Saturday, April 30, 2011 11:41 PM
this is my first post and i have been doing alot of reading on this forum and other sites on google trying to find a few things out but without much success so i had a couple of questions/ideas to throw out. i have read on a few places that the 2.3l quad 4 throttle body would fit in place of the 2.2l throttle body however it seemed like this was for newer 2.2l so wondering if it would fit onto mine. also would the entire intake manifold from a 2.3l bolt on fairly easily even with the 2.3l being a dohc because im taking my head off and am replacing the gasket and was going to work on a port and polish on it while the head was off since i was upgrading the headers to a 2.25" pipe and it would seem more benificial to have a larger intake manifold on the engine to maximize the improvement in porting the intake ports. i also have a cold air intake installed on it and was also curious if one of the ebay chips would compensate enough to allow a proper fuel mixture withe the port and polish and upgraded headers and throttle body on the engine. i have had decent results with those chips before on an accord i had it did improve performance through powerband and could feel the extra horsepower however i didnt know if they would work in this situation considering they work by manipulating the signal from the iat sensor to the ecu. thanks in advance for any input.

Re: 95 sunfire 2.2l ohv
Sunday, May 01, 2011 9:16 AM
Those ebay chips do not work, there was someone on here who took one apart and it was just a resistor with a fancy box around it. they just trick your ecu into thinking the air coming in is colder/denser thus making you run more rich and our cars already run rich as they come...your MAP sensor should adjust the extra air/fuel correctly.
As for simply bolt on, im not sure about the TB but the intake mani wont fit, im almost sure of it(although ill let someone else help you with that) just the ebay chips are garbage, anyone here will tell you that.

Sunday, May 01, 2011 10:03 AM
i knew thats what the chips did with the ecu and with the intake mani are there any other options for a larger one that would fit on or just port it out some or leave the stock one alone if anyone has any input
Sunday, May 01, 2011 10:24 PM
Eh, idk really...i'm in the same boat as you though lol 1995 2.2 ohv cavalier, mines stick
all ive got is ebay header, high flow cat, ebay muffler, no resonator with 2.5 inch exhaust....and a spectre 3 inch intake...and lowered 1.5 inches on eibach springs...althought its just a daily driver i paid almost nothing for so im not trying to put too much money into it

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search